Creating my own Sort List and Keeping It That Way - HELP!

Hi everyone :)

I use Evernote as my study folder/notes for my degree.  I create a Stack for my study period, then a Notebook for each subject, and lastly each week's topic is my Note.  So I number my Notes and want them to remain displayed in numerical order.......not most recently updated as it currently is.  Frustratingly I have to change it every time I open Evernote.  Surely there is an option somewhere that I can change the default display/sort settings? Puhlease? It's driving me bananas!

Set up as follows for illustration - which is what I want to see (stack and notebook are fine, it's just the notes that are causing me all sorts of frustration)
2016 SP6 (stack)
   Property A - LAWS 2017 (notebook)
      01  Concept of Property (note - either topic or week number)
      01  Tutorial - Concept of Property
      02  Classification of Property
      02  Tutorial - A/A
      (etc)
      x Assignment
      x Class Test
      x Exam

Can anyone help? Please? :) 

• Level 5*

Your system for sorting is valid, and I use it too.
I'm not a Windows user but I understand the latest release allows you to assign sort options to saved searches.

You have the option to set various sort criteria; date, title etc
Also, if you use the top list view; the data is arranged in columns and you simply click on a column to control the sort sequence

• Level 5*
44 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm not a Windows user but I understand the latest release allows you to assign sort options to saved searches.

In the latest release of Evernote for Windows, you may set view options (view type: list, snippet, thumbnails, etc, and sorting rules) on notebooks, individual tags, or on saved searches. You can't set them on stacks, as far as I can tell, though you may be able to do that indirectly using a saved search.

Also, you certainly can change the default settings. Not sure why that wouldn't be working for you.

I would've thought it would be in say Tools, Options, Search area, but nil.  
I just want to open my Evernote and see my notes in the order I want them, not the most recently updated.  
I thought that I had the latest version of Evernote?  

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Vex said:

How do I change the default settings?  For the life of me I can't work out how....must be really obvious.....

This might help
 https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313628-How-to-change-the-sort-order-of-your-notes        Click the note view button near the top of the note list (grid-like rectangle)

8 hours ago, DTLow said:

This might help
 https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313628-How-to-change-the-sort-order-of-your-notes        Click the note view button near the top of the note list (grid-like rectangle)

Thanks for your help. :) I already do this every time I open Evernote. What I want to do is have Evernote actually remember what I have chosen so that it remains that way until I tell it otherwise. 

So in other words I want Evernote to open with the notes already sorted in Title and not in Reverse Sort Order.  So is there any way that I can have Evernote remember this?

Sorry it appears I've got my terminology all arse about face, confusing everyone. o.O

• Level 5*

14 hours ago, Vex said:

I would've thought it would be in say Tools, Options, Search area, but nil.  
I just want to open my Evernote and see my notes in the order I want them, not the most recently updated.  
I thought that I had the latest version of Evernote?  

It is not in Options. You set sorting order by interacting with the search panel. Look for a small dropdown button to the left of the search control (where you type in searches) above the note list. When you click on it, you are presented with view and sorting options. Set these, and Evernote should remember your settings.

• Ex Employees

After choosing your desired settings, select: File>Exit ( not the X icon on the top right of the app), and then relaunch Evernote.

Your settings should now be saved after quitting and relaunching, even after restarting your machine. Please let us know if that is not your case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2016 at 6:28 AM, Austin G said:

After choosing your desired settings, select: File>Exit ( not the X icon on the top right of the app), and then relaunch Evernote.

Your settings should now be saved after quitting and relaunching, even after restarting your machine. Please let us know if that is not your case.

Oh Austin you are a freaking legend!!!! IT WORKED!!!!  Apologies for lateness of reply - been in hospital this last week with asthma and a nasty chest infection. 

Having to change the viewing options every time I opened Evernote was sending me batty.  Something so simple as having the program remember your customised view should have been available......and it is. 

You rock! Like a mountain :D

• Level 5*
On 9/20/2016 at 4:58 PM, Austin G said:

While it's true that this works (and has for a long time, resulting in many forum queries just like this one), the eternal burning question is why would we need to completely shut down Evernote and relaunch for the simple task of getting a simple setting to stick? That one's puzzled me for a long time...

Archived