IOS 10, Evernote in crash loop

Same thing happening to me.  Constantly crashes.  I have deleted the app and reinstalled.  Turned iPad off for several minutes.....then back on.  Only thing that helps temporarily is to uninstall and reinstall app.  Then I can view a few notes, but as soon I make changes and try to save.....it crashes.  After it crashes once, it is a constant loop of shutting down as soon as I click on app.

Very similar issue for me. I can interact with existing notes but new notes cause a crash.

I have been able to temporarily work-around by deleting and reinstalling Evernote. Device restart doesn't help. Might be that the data is exceeding a limit new to iOS 10? I have 70GB free on my device (iPhone 6).

After a reinstall, it has to redownload the cache so maybe it works until the cache gets to a point. Attached screenshot of storage screen in iPhone settings  

Please fix, I love Evernote!

Matt

IMG_1676.PNG

I am having the same issue on iPhone 7 running iOS 10. I am running the latest version of the Evernote app available on the AppStore. 

When I try to create a new note, the app crashes. I am able to view and edit existing notes. 

I first noticed the issue yesterday on my way home when I tried to create a note and the app crashed. What's weird is that I tried it again at home and it worked, no more crashing. This morning I tried to create a note and the same issue. 

The only thing different I can't think of is that at home I was connected to Wi-Fi, whereas I am not connected through mobile data. Maybe there's an bug related to which type of network you're connected to?

It would be interesting to find out if other users experiencing the issue can get the app to work on Wi-Fi vs mobile data. 

Same with me - apps crash on both iPad and iPhone since iOS 10 update. Reinstalling and restarting does not fix the issue at all. Please fix this asap - I understand bugs are to be expected with an new iOS update but as a premium member when you pay for a service that doesn't work - you start to look elsewhere for a more reliable solution. 

I installed iOS 10 today on my iPad Pro. On restart I found an immediate bug effecting Evernote. Evernote starts and opens full screen, but every time after a fraction of second it disappears, and iPad reverts back to home screen. Tap the home button twice reveals Evernote is open in reduced screen, with other open apps, but when I tap on it, it fills the screen then just disappears a split second later. I removed Evernote and did a fresh install and it worked ok for about 30 minutes. But then after closing and re-opening Evernote the same problem came back. I do not get any crash messages. A forced iPad restart did not help. This bug has left Evernote unusable on my iPad so I am hoping for a fast solution. I understand there is a brief window of time when I can try to re-install iOS 9 via iTunes, but why should I take the risk, when all my apps except Evernote are working ok on iOS 10? Will try removing and reinstalling Evernote yet again.

24 minutes ago, Annt37 said:

The same thing happened to me, on both iPad and iPhone, for a full day. Then, the problem went away. It's fine now, but unsettling.

Yes - same thing happened to me. But after a few days it came back. Unusable tonite. Very annoying.  If anyone from EN support is reading this could they advise of status - e.g known problem, being worked on, fix expected within a week, or whatever. Thx xx

I had the same problem, on both iPad Pro and iPhone, immediately after upgrading to iOS10. Evernote closes after a split second, hangs around in the background,  opens, closes in a split second again when you tap on it. After wiping and reinstalling the app several times with little improvement, I used my PC web version of Evernote, which worked ok throughout, to progressively divide and redivide my notes down into separately created notebooks, then re syncing with iPad. I identified two notes out of 5000+  that reproducibly caused the crashloop on both iPhone and iPad whenever I scrolled past them or tried to download them into offline notebooks, whatever notebook I put them in. After deleting those 2 notes Evernote works fine as before. Now I have to expect anything up to 24 hours or more laboriously downloading my notebooks so I can browse offline again.  I have not seen any option to keep the database on the iPad when you remove and reinstall Evernote? How do you do that? When you delete Evernote it just says you will lose all your data if you choose to delete?

I too have encountered this immediate crash of evernote on my iPad pro, with quitting the application and reboot of the iPad not helping in any way.  I have been an evernote user since very early on and must admit this is the most annoying issue that I have had since working with the platform.  Any fix???

I have been using Evernote for FOREVER, and on iOS 10 since it came out, with no issues, but as of this morning, it is crashing on both my iPhone and iPad. Latest version, I've tried killing and restarting app, and also tried rebooting both devices. It crashes before I can even click to "send report". 

Any news or help?

15 hours ago, Yahoo Office PC said:

My Mac encounter the same issue, cannot open now.

could it be resolved soon? 

Did you download your Mac app for the App Store or the Evernote site? I've seen a lot of posts that if you download from the Evernote site it takes care of some of the crashing/not opening issues.

Same here.  my iPad Evernote app is in a crash loop that I cannot resolve. 

iPad is 4th gen with latest iOS 10.0.2.  I've tried closing all the apps, deleting Evernote, rebooting the iPad and reinstalling.  Upon reinstallation iPad will start to sync notes for about a minute but then crashes. During this time I do not interact with the app at all.  Any attempt to relaunch the app results in it crashing within 15 seconds - again with no interaction.  

I have Evernote on my iPhone 6s as well and it is (so far) okay.  Evernote on the web is okay as well and shows correct note content.  

This may be the final nail in the coffin for me with Evernote.  It has noticeably become more buggy over the last few years - to the point I was having anxiety over whether my notes were truly saved and safe.  I was a premium user for years but, with the recent price increase, I let my membership expire as I wasn't using it as much.  

Time for a new note solution?  

I may have found a trick to get it out of the loop . This was crashing when i was browsing and could not get out of the place it was stuck. I used a shortcut to force a move somehwere else. And then i worked again . (Note : i also changed the menu, by turning on the shortcuts, in case it matters ) whatever..;

This is a most frustrating and continuing problem. I've uninstalled on iPad, reinstalled and it worked fine for about an hour then the problem began again. I've rebooted and reinstalled again and the problem remains. This is happening on iPad and iPhone in IOS10. This is causing great frustration and is making me appear inept in certain circumstances. Especially since I always tout the virtues of Evernote.

• Level 5*
On 2016-10-27 at 3:56 AM, DLb2109 said:

I just got my iPT6(iOS 10.1) this morning, but I can not login to  Evernote. Typed account is ok, when I paste or typed password, it crashed!

(My evernote is 7.18.1)

57 minutes ago, babbm90 said:

This is a most frustrating and continuing problem. I've uninstalled on iPad, reinstalled and it worked fine for about an hour then the problem began again. I've rebooted and reinstalled again and the problem remains. This is happening on iPad and iPhone in IOS10. This is causing great frustration and is making me appear inept in certain circumstances. Especially since I always tout the virtues of Evernote.

I'm not having any problems on my iPad 
This seems an issue for Evernote Support   
Settings > Support > Submit a Support Ticket or  Contact Evernote Support 

Did the Activity Log show any useful information?

在 2016/10/29 在 PM10點55分, DTLow說:

I'm not having any problems on my iPad 
This seems an issue for Evernote Support   
Settings > Support > Submit a Support Ticket or  Contact Evernote Support 

Did the Activity Log show any useful information?

I just contact evernote support and they told me reinstall it. Then the same, nothing change.

my password length is 34 bits, when I typed 19 bits, crash! Everytime and only on iOS 10.1.1(I update to 10.1.1).

• 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, chriss20 said:

It is working for me now...I am on v 8.0351713

Yep, they updated it in v 8.0.1. I suggest you check it out.

You may also want to look at this thread:

I believe the issue has been fixed in the latest version of Evernote, and it's not been occuring for me. If you're not on the latest version because you can't upgrade etc, I suggest deleting and reinstalling. I had a ton of notes saved locally, but what's the point of that if you can't access them?

Glad to see this fixed :) 

On 18/1/2017 at 7:54 PM, Itarman said:

Same with me - Evernote opens in a blank page with a strange margin but no content, then crashes immediately.  Needs fixing!

I have the same problem on my iPad updated to iOS 10.2.1.  Evernote is currently updated to the latest version (8.0.2 ).  I tried to reboot my device and the app, but it still does not work. I definetly CANNOT erase and reinstall the app because I CANNOT lose my unsync notes. Evernote was working well just last week, yesterday I needed it again and boom, it won't work. I need the app and i CANNOT reinstall because the notes inside are very very important for me, I sync my notes often, but not so often! not everyday! So it's impossibile to me to lose them, I need another solution. I am a premium member, I payed my money for this service and you can't tell me "reinstall and lose notes" to troubleshoot this problem, this is unacceptable. Give me another practical, applicable, solution asap! Thank you all.

This issue just started for me IMMEDIATELY after upgrading to version 8.0.2 on one iOS device (iPad). On other device where Evernote was not updated, functions as normal. Certainly appears related to the Jan update/8.0.2, not the older version. 

Same problem here.  I updated my iphone 6 to version 8.0.2 and Evernote has not responded since.   Apparently I've come to rely too much on my Evernotes.  Now it continuously keeps crashing even after rebooting my phone.    I've read above the suggestion to delete and reinstall the app but would this mean that I would lose ALL MY NOTES????    Is there ANY way to save them??    Could they automatically backed up on my pc somewhere without my knowledge?   I'd VERY much prefer to save all my notes if there's any possible way of doing so.   Is there ANY WAY to go back to the previous version of Evernote?

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, imaquila said:

would this mean that I would lose ALL MY NOTES????    Is there ANY way to save them??    Could they automatically backed up on my pc somewhere without my knowledge?

You're using a cloud app that automatically uploads your notes to the Evernote servers
You can see them using the web platform (www.evernote.com)
Very little information is stored on the mobile device (exception for offline notebooks)
You can safely delete and reinstall the app; make sure you sync first

>>Is there ANY WAY to go back to the previous version of Evernote?

If you review the forum discussions for this release you'll see various solutions to downgrading

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  It's great to know they are automatically uploaded to the Evernote servers but how do I access them from that web site?   Is there a support page to reference for accessing from the server or step by step instructions on how to sync?  I'm not at all sure that I can sync Evernote if I can't keep it from crashing.   I VERY much hope that I'm wrong about that.

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, imaquila said:

how do I access them from that web site?   Is there a support page to reference for accessing from the server or step by step instructions on how to sync?

The Evernote Guide is at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/221189627-Welcome-to-Evernote-Web

but basically you go www.evernote.com,  sign in, and you'll see an interface similar to the other platforms

Syncing in mostly an automatic functions and doesn't require setup

THANK YOU SO MUCH!   I found my notes there and I'm so very grateful!   What is your recommendation for the install on my iphone.  Do you suggest a delete and reinstall or just sit tight and wait for a new update to correct the problem?   I'm so glad my notes are not lost.

Thanks again, you're my hero!

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, imaquila said:

What is your recommendation for the install on my iphone.  Do you suggest a delete and reinstall or just sit tight and wait for a new update to correct the problem?

There have been some posts with the process for downgrading, but some of them require advanced technical skills

If you've already upgrades to version 8, my resolution process would be

• reboot my device
  • delete and reinstall the app

Finally, simply wait it out.  I know Evernote is following up on the issues and issuing hot fixes  (currently at 8.0.3)

• 2 months later...

iPhone 6, IOS 10.3.1, instant crash on Evernote load.  Deleted the app, reloaded, rebooted, still crashes on opening.

Evernote attempts to allow me to "send report" (message: Evernote unexpectantly quit), but it crashes too quickly to respond with "send report"..

Is a fix in process?

• 1 month later...

I had a similar problem - app would start on my iPad and throw me out to the home screen (it was still active).  I figured out that the app was trying to synchronize and was having issues.  Here's what I did:

1. Turned on airplane mode.  This allowed me to access the app.

2. Found the file that had not yet been synchronized, and copied the contents.  (The file had a green arrow next to it)

3. Deleted the app.

4. Reinstalled from the App Store, signed on, and waited until my files had been synced.

5. Created a new file, and pasted the contents of my clipboard.

Everything has worked fine since then.

• 4 weeks later...

Ever since I got a new regular sized iPad, Evernote has not worked for me.  It completely freezes up, and I can't even get to the log after it freezes.  I have deleted and reinstalled a number of times.  Turned off device, all these steps over and over.  I might get to look at one note, then it freezes immediately.  I love .Evernote, until now!  

So here is screen shot.  I got in, chose my note, and it immediately froze.

Of course it works on my laptop, thank .God.  But I want my notes assessable on my iPad when I am on the go.  That was the whole idea!

Please, please help me!

thank you

IMG_1530.PNG

Keep trying to get in touch with Evernote tech staff on help line to check your files.  You probably added the same file that made you crash last time.  If you can remember the name of that file, delete it now and don't add it again.  No rhyme or reason to this -- some files are just too data intensive and make it crash.

• 4 weeks later...

I too am getting similar freezing problems with Evernote on my iPad Pro, and have tried all of the trouble shooting ideas suggested in these forums without any sustained success.

As an Evernote user since 2011, and a Premium user since around 2012, I am becoming rather frustrated and disappointed at these continuing problems. Beginning to consider whether this is a good platform, and if I should switch to another solution, as the Evernote team don't seem to be able to fix this issue.

..... and to add to the pain the web version of Evernote does not work on mobile devices☹️, the screen message says use the app, which isn't working either??

Same thing happening with me - has been for the past two or three months.

Evernote - are you listening? Is there a work around to this problem. I use Evernote on aircraft to prepare documents but since this crashing issue, that has not been possible.

Be interested to hear what they did for you.

I've deleted and re-installed the app a number of times and it works immediately after the re-installation. Once you come back to it next day, it plays up again. This is on the iPad Pro.

Interestingly, I'm not having this issue on an iPad. Seems to be working as it should do.

Archived