Shared email ghosted out

Bobbi

I tried to search through the eight pages of forum topics, but there are just so many -- and entering "sharing" in the search box wasn't at all helpful (lol).  I'm trying to share a notebook with two of my students who are working on a project with me, and there's no problem with one address. The other, however, is ghosted out. I tried to send it again, but she didn't receive it then either. Both attempts appear in the notebook under "share," but only one actually worked. Interestingly, the one that worked is a Gmail account, while the one that won't work is on my campus network. I can't see why that would be a problem, but maybe it is. Help?

• Level 5*

Hi.  The one thing that immediately occurs to me is that your campus network probably has a pretty tight spam filter,  and since first-time shares involve an email notification,  maybe the email got zapped on the way in.  Would it be feasible to ask the 'unsharable' student to set up a gmail account specifically for this project?  Or for you to set up a dummy account for 'project student 2 at gmail' to test whether a share would be possible?  If you have a helpful colleague with a campus address,  perhaps you could try a share with them too,  to verify that campus addresses are a generic problem.

Archived