"Note Currently Unavailable"

Go to solution Solved by BobP45,

I've been using evernote for years without issues but recently I periodically receive an error when editing a note "note currently unavailable". This prevents me from editing (like adding an item to my grocery list). Defeats the purpose of keeping notes if I can't add to my list whenever I need to. I only use evernote on 2 devices and occasionally but not always a manual sync will resolve. Any suggestions? Is this anything to do with the big G getting into E's pants?  : - )

• Level 5*

It's nothing to do with Google, since nothing has has actually happened there yet.

The question is, are you using the free version, and are you offline when this is occurring? That would mean that note has been kicked out of the cache, so it can't be accessed. Otherwise, you're probably in a customer support situation.

I, too, have had this issue from time to time on Android and it seems mostly to be in the few seconds after creating a note with attachment while it is in a no-man's land between existing locally and being uploaded to EN's servers.  I sense it relates to WiFi latency or bandwidth and, for me, resolves itself by exiting the note to the note list and either waiting a few moments or forcing a manual resync.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Solution

I have had this problem for a few days now and it won't go away. I edit a note on my Galaxy A5 phone, add a few lines and hit save (green check), it says "Saving note...". In the overview screen, this note then shows a small white arrow within a green triangle in the upper right corner of that note, indicating I assume that it is uploading to the server. This however has not gone away for three days now. When I re-enter the note, it says "Opening note, please wait". Then after a few seconds it says "The note is currently unavailable." I have tried manual resync, restart device, all to no avail. My WiFi and Internet are working fine for all other apps on this device.

If I wait several minutes before trying again, then it does open the note (I have Evernote set for local storage for this notebook). I can edit it, but when I save and exit the edit, it is still uploading or whatever. When I sync my Windows 10 Evernote, these new edits do not appear, so they are not on the server.

I'm using Evernote Plus, so I am paying for this service.

Aha - I just turned off WiFi on the phone and went back to LTE and presto, it worked! Turn WiFi back on, and the error happens again. Can anyone explain this? It's not just for a few seconds as noted in the above post, but seemingly forever.

Thanks, Bob

• 1 year later...

I have been getting this message a lot for perhaps the past 2 months. I have a PLUS account and will want to Duplicate or Share a note I just now saved locally but get that message. I have sync set up for every 15 minutes but I guess that notes are synced when you save them... true?

I bring this up because I never had a problem like that before.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

i've attempted to apply all aforementioned remedies, but to no avail.  COME ON EVERNOTE!!!  What gives?  It was after the most recent Android update that I began receiving the "Note currently unavailable" warning.  It's frustrating beyond belief.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
4 hours ago, ldsdanz said:

i've attempted to apply all aforementioned remedies, but to no avail.  COME ON EVERNOTE!!!  What gives?  It was after the most recent Android update that I began receiving the "Note currently unavailable" warning.  It's frustrating beyond belief.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. Please be aware that these are mainly user-to-user help forums, not a regular way of addressing Evernote.

That said, I can imagine your frustration. Is this happening with all of your notes, or only particular ones? Are you able to access Evernote by another means (e.g., through a browser on a computer at https://www.evernote.com/client/web)? If so, you could see if the affected note(s) are in proper order there.

Oh. 🤪. Sorry. Thought this was an Evernote page. Thank you, Yes, the problem occurs with each note. I discovered 2 days ago that the notes ARE accessible on my laptop (thank the Maker!). But I only use Evernote on my Android Galaxy note 9.  

• Level 5

Hmm, if all the notes are "unavailable," yet they're present and in order in the Web client (which reflects the status of the main online Evernote database), then there may be an issue with the app on the phone. If you don't have any offline notebooks, your best bet would probably be to uninstall Evernote and reinstall it. Evernote will then re-download the note information (just basically an index, not all the note content, downloads on a mobile device). This can be a bit time-consuming, depending on the number of notes; and you'll lose any customized settings within the app. But it might be the fix for this particular issue, since it's affecting all the notes. If you have any offline notebooks, you may need to designate them as synced notebooks again and do a sync before uninstalling. Hope this is some help.