Notebook is GONE on all devices after switching to a new computer.

Hello Evernote Community - Thank you for your time,

My name is Elton and one of my very important notebook has disappeared.

I use the free version and only had access to Evernote on 2 devices. My phone and laptop. Two days ago, after my laptop broke, I got a new desktop computer and switched evernote from laptop to Desktop  since free Evernote can only access 2 devices at a time.

I was looking for that notebook today and noticed it's gone. I looked everywhere, on all devices, online account, trashcan. It is nowhere to be found. It is a very old notebook and I always manually sync my Evernote after I type up something important.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. If anyone can give me any guidance, that would be great. If you need me to send you my activity log let me know.

Is it a bad idea to let other people see you activity log?

Thank you all for your time.

Elton

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Elton Y. said:

I was looking for that notebook today and noticed it's gone. I looked everywhere, on all devices, online account, trashcan. It is nowhere to be found. It is a very old notebook and I always manually sync my Evernote after I type up something important.

The master version of your notes is on the Evernote servers.
I would log into www.evernote.com and search there.

You mention not finding the notebook, but what about the notes.
Can you do a search for any known notes of the notebook.  If retrieved, they may identify a new notebook name.

\

On 9/12/2016 at 7:59 PM, DTLow said:

The master version of your notes is on the Evernote servers.
I would log into www.evernote.com and search there.

You mention not finding the notebook, but what about the notes.
Can you do a search for any known notes of the notebook.  If retrieved, they may identify a new notebook name.

Hi DTlow, Thank you for the quick reply.

I have searched on www.evernote.com and could not find my notebook or notes.

What do you think I should do now?

-Elton

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Elton Y. said:

I have searched on www.evernote.com and could not find my notebook or notes.

I should have asked at the beginning - just confirming this notebook wasn't set up as "Local"

Was it actually synced to the servers and other devices?

• Ex Employees

Hi. If all of your notes and notebooks are missing from Evernote Web then you may have a separate account tied to a different login email address. 
Please try logging in to Evernote  using other email addresses you have here: https://www.evernote.com/Home.action. Note the email addressed used to login to the account that has your notes and login to Evernote on all other devices using that same address. 

On 9/13/2016 at 8:19 PM, DTLow said:

I should have asked at the beginning - just confirming this notebook wasn't set up as "Local"

Was it actually synced to the servers and other devices?

I never touched the setting for Evernote. All settings are default. All my other notes created before or after are still here. I hope that answers your questions. Thanks!

On 9/14/2016 at 0:13 PM, Austin G said:

Hi. If all of your notes and notebooks are missing from Evernote Web then you may have a separate account tied to a different login email address. 
Please try logging in to Evernote  using other email addresses you have here: https://www.evernote.com/Home.action. Note the email addressed used to login to the account that has your notes and login to Evernote on all other devices using that same address. 

I only have 1 Evernote account. Thanks for the information.

Archived