Old Evernote Food notes getting corrupted

Hi,

I have many old evernote food notes which worked just fine as regular notes, however lately I noticed that the pictures disappear upon note opening. Restoring a previous version seems to restore the pictures, but I am worried this might corrupt these old notes irreversibly. Did anybody else have this problem? I am using Version 6.9 Beta 2 (453896 Direct) for Mac, however I checked the web version and the notes are corrupted there as well. 

Thanks!

Giovanni

• Level 5*

Your Mac will sync to the web,  so you'll see (or should see) the same content on both.  I'm confused about your correcting a note and having it show corrupt again.  Is it feasible for one of these missing picture notes to copy the whole content into a new note body to see what happens?  I was never an EN Food user,  so don't have anything to test on.  If you can copy content across,  then creating new notes may avoid whatever corruption you have in the note bodies that is losing pictures.  Since Food is no longer supported and Evernote has a new editor,  the format of the 'old' notes may no longer be totally supported,  hence your problems.  I'd also suggest a bug report or a support request (both via this link) in case this is something to do with your system or your database...

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, GiovanniC said:

I have many old evernote food notes which worked just fine as regular notes, however lately I noticed that the pictures disappear upon note opening. Restoring a previous version seems to restore the pictures, but I am worried this might corrupt these old notes irreversibly. Did anybody else have this problem? I am using Version 6.9 Beta 2 (453896 Direct) for Mac, however I checked the web version and the notes are corrupted there as well. 

Ignoring the "evernote food" connection, its a concern that pictures disappear in a note.
I agree with @gazumped; you should open a support ticket.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your replies.

Just an update: Since I first posted, this issue presented also for regular notes with pictures (not only evernote food), so I followed your suggestion and I did open a ticket.

So far I have received little help. They basically told me: "yes, we have heard of this problem, just restore previous versions, or use the web interface until we fix it". 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived