Reset Sidebar, specifically Shortcuts, specifically Tags in Shortcuts

I was just minding my own business trying to be clever, thinking I could export a list of tags. Without testing it using only a few tags first, I tried dropping all my tags onto a note in the sidebar.

I guess it must have been a shortcut to a note, because the result is that there are 164 tags in the sidebar shortcuts list. Not a train smash. I could manually delete them one-by-one, but if there's a quick option it would be good to know it.

I tried closing Evernote, editing the .plist file at ~/Library/Preferences/com.evernote.Evernote.plist, then opening Evernote. But it has no effect, and Evernote re-creates it.

I tried opening the sqlite database, but it's encrypted which I guess I should be thankful for.

I was able to find a script for exporting all tags via the EN API (shared as a tip here), but nothing for resetting the sidebar, or just the shortcuts list.

Any ideas?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Simbasounds said:

I could manually delete them one-by-one, but if there's a quick option it would be good to know it.

Correction; Ignore this post - the objective is to remove tags from the shortcuts area, not delete

If you switch the tag page, you can select a range of tags and do a single delete

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 9.47.00 AM.png

Thanks DTLow .. the thermonuclear option .. I should point out that I meant delete from the sidebar, not actually delete them.

Although seeing as I had started re-doing my tagging system which led to this happening, the thought of actually deleting them all in one go did cross my mind.

I'd like to keep most of my tag nesting / hierarchy and their relationship to my notes, though.

Archived