Local notebooks on web - how to file support ticket

• Level 5*

On your PC you have synced and local notebooks.  If you don't designate the notebook as Local (File - New Local Notebook) it will be synced.  Per @DTLow, create local notebooks and move the notes and then they won't be on EN's servers anymore.  You have to backup your local notebooks yourself.

• Ex Employees
12 hours ago, WatchinIt said:

All my local notebooks are on the Evernote website.

Local notebooks can only be created from the file menu by selecting File>New Local Notebook (previously File>New>New Local Notebook). You can right-click the notebook and select "properties" to confirm the notebook type. 

12 hours ago, WatchinIt said:

Where do they hide the support ticket request?

You can always contact support using https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Yes, I have made all my notebooks local at their formation by using  File>New>New Local Notebook

There was a previous thread where someone had this issue: discussion.evernote.com/topic/38259-archived-local-notebook-uploaded-and-synced/

It was taken seriously by Evernote Support via a support ticket.

Many apologies were made and it was taken care of.  

I need the same thing. 

Apparently you can't get support using the free version so I will be deleting my account and moving everything to OneNote.

Too bad, because otherwise I like Evernote better.

• Ex Employees

@WatchinIt Thanks for the update. I'm happy to look into this further. I just converted your post into a ticket. You'll receive a confirmation email in a few moments.

Please reply back with a screenshot of the notebook type displayed as "local" from the Desktop app, and this same notebook listed on Evernote Web: https://www.evernote.com/Home.action so that I can report this to the team for further review. 

Additionally, please follow the steps below to attach all of your recent logs. 

1. Select the Win + R keys to open the Run Command Window
2. Copy each of the following lines separately into the search field (one or both may work), then hit enter:
     * %localappdata%\evernote\evernote\logs
     * %userprofile%\evernote\logs
3. Attach all the log files to your reply

Archived