Problems with shared Notes and Notebooks

C6REW

Hi All,

Just in case anyone else is having the same issue, I have sent a report to Evernote about the following:

We have three Business Users and a one specific Notebook and single Note which has full edit ability for everyone in the business locks for one user. I have re-created the Notebook and Note from each user and the same happens on the one users computer. 

Strangely they have full access and edit ability on the web!

I have also just experienced another problem which is when I create a new Note either by sending an email with attachment or create a Note and try to put an attachment in, the attachment won't go into the Note.

For the record and for those who don't know me, we were one of the first Evernote Business users and have a lot of experience. So, I have deleted the one users Evernote completely and re-installed it and it still would not work.

If anyone gets the answer before me, please let all of us know. I will do the same when I find out.

Best regards

Chris

Hi All,

Well the problem with the new Note not accepting attachments maybe solved!

I created a new Note, rather than sending from an email directly and then put the attachments in it. Will have to see if emails cause the same problem or if it was with this specific one.

Regards

Chris

Hi All,

I have the answer! It doesn't make sense, but at least you will know what to do if it happens to you!

The answer was to create a new Note inside the troublesome Notebook, so it now has two Notes. The 'lock' which was shown in the top right cleared the moment I created the new Note.

Best regards

Chris

Hi again,

This is turning into a nightmare!

Now one of the Notebooks I started has locked me out. I cannot edit it. I have been on line and I am down as the originator of the Notebook and it says I have full rights to edit. But on the desktop I cannot add anything!

Still nothing back from the ticket I raised and still no ticket number! Supposed to get priority with being a Business! Come on Evernote.

Regards

Chris

Hi All,

Good news if you experience this problem.

Tech support have given me an update that has sorted this bug out. I guess it will be in the normal version at next update.

Well done Evernote for sorting it fairly quickly.

Regards

Chris

• Level 5*

Hey Chris,

I just got an on-screen popup indicating a Windows client v6.3.2 Prerelease update available, and this is one of the bullet points under "Fixed":

• An issue where Evernote for Business users intermittently being unable to write to some notebooks.

So it looks like the fix is available now for those who want a Prerelease version.

Archived