Default notebook, delete online notebook

1) Why cant I make a local notebook the default? (See screeonshot ev_1, its greyed out)

2) Why cant I delete the online notebook (Foo), its also Greyed out.

Problem is now, when I use "evernote" as scan-destination (scanning via USB), all new scans end up in "Foo" and I have to remember to move them to the other notebook all the time. So annoying. I only want to use local notebooks.

ev_2.png

ev_1.png

• Level 5*
On September 10, 2016 at 1:34 AM, Bassebus said:

1) Why cant I make a local notebook the default? (See screeonshot ev_1, its greyed out)

The default notebook is an account setting, and applies on all devices, web, and servers.

I can see a problem with it being set to a local notebook on a specific device.
Examples, email sent to your EN address; doing a web clipping from a mobile device
- to file it, EN would need access to your local machine

>>2) Why cant I delete the online notebook (Foo), its also Greyed out

Possibly because it's your default notebook

>>Problem is now, when I use "evernote" as scan-destination (scanning via USB), all new scans end up in "Foo" and I have to remember to move them to the other notebook all the time

Are there options on the scan destination, such as a folder which you can use for automatic import to Evernote.  I understand on auto import folders, you can specify the notebook   https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004967-How-to-create-import-folders-in-Evernote-for-Windows 

• Level 5*
On 9/10/2016 at 4:34 AM, Bassebus said:

Problem is now, when I use "evernote" as scan-destination (scanning via USB), all new scans end up in "Foo" and I have to remember to move them to the other notebook all the time. So annoying. I only want to use local notebooks.

One thing that you can do is set up an auto import folder (Tools / Import Folders...), and use a local notebook as a target. Scan to that folder and they should wind up in the local notebook.

Archived