Evernote for Windows 6.3 Beta 2

Hi everyone,

Excited to announce our Beta 2 for version 6.3 - you can download it here

We've made some refinements to both our Google Drive and view specific settings work (see our Beta 1 announcement for context), including remembering your view settings on upgrade. This is our final beta before release, and the product is nearly final so do take it out for a spin and let us know if you spot any issues. 

In addition, we wanted to throw out a proposed wording change out to the community for feedback as we're thinking of updating the wording for view settings to the following:

Option 1: Always use current view for <Notebook Name>

instead of 

Option 2: Remember view settings for Notebook <Notebook Name>

Examples:

Always use current view for Recipes

Always use current view for Meetings

Let us know which one you think is more understandable. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Evernote for Windows Team! 

Evernote for Windows 6.3 Release Notes

New:

• Context specific views: Choose to save a view for a specific Notebook, Saved Search or Tag from the navigation context menu by selecting "Save View" or choosing the option from the Note list view drop down. Settings that are stored are view type (Snippet, Card, List, Thumbnail), sorting order, and columns and column order if you use Table View.
  • Google Drive integration: Instead of pasting links to files, Drive content added to Evernote will now include thumbnail previews and a rich viewing experience. You can also search Drive from Evernote and any changes to files in Drive will sync automatically with your notes. There’s even a handy icon in the Evernote toolbar to jump right into your Drive.

Improved:

• Scrollbars now are available for ink notes. To create an ink note go to File > New Note > New Ink Note.

Fixed:

• Many sync conflict issues: we've made several fixes so that you should see fewer note conflicts and more automatic merging of content when editing notes across devices.
  • An issue where Evernote for Business users intermittently being unable to write to some notebooks.
  • Highlighting of text in Notes with embedded PDFs when using the find function (Ctrl+F) on High DPI screens.
  • Level 5*

I prefer "Always use.." over "Remember...". I'll try to play with that some more. Still thinking that this is going to be a popular feature to check off your list, and like Reminders, it's actually more than I would have envisioned, because of the addition of the Tag and Saved Search contexts to Notebooks as targets for view settings.

Did you just add a recently-used column list to the "Sort notes by..." section of the View dropdown? That's a nice feature, even if I hadn't noticed it before.

• Level 5*

The issue with a crash every time I searched for a tag is gone, thanks for that.  :D

Still have the issue that it requires multiple clicks on the "x" to remove a tag from a search.  Can change to "All", remove the tag, go back to "Any", or just keep clicking as workarounds.

Option 1 would be my vote.

• Level 5

Suggestion when you release the general release:

Post some help videos on the Evernote / Google Drive. Include some actual examples of how the search is supposed to work.

I've used Evernote since 2008, have 43,000 notes, and hundreds of Google Drive documents.

But the Evernote / Google Drive search procedure has me stumped.

I am wondering if the issue with thumbnail view freezing the application has been addressed.  Maybe I was the only one but when opening my reminder list in thumbnail view caused  EN to hang and become unresponsive. 

• Level 5*

I don't really think that changing "Remember view settings" to "Always use current" adresses the "issue" that we brough up earlier. Neither option helps to prevent the user from first altering the default view and then click remember/always use, resulting in that you have to change the default view back every time. You could even argue that "Always use current" is even more confusing, as current refers to changes that have already been made.

So having to chose from the two, I do think "Remember view settings" is better, as I believe it also gives the user a better idea of what the function does.

But I still think the text should say something that somewhat indicates that you want to check the box first and then make changes.

I even think "Remember changes to view settings" would be better, as changes is both past/future form.

My biggest issue with the latest releases is still the 10 second lock-up in the main window after closing notes in single note view. Everything else works buttery smooth so it doesn't really make any sense.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gustavgi said:

I don't really think that changing "Remember view settings" to "Always use current" adresses the "issue" that we brough up earlier. Neither option helps to prevent the user from first altering the default view and then click remember/always use, resulting in that you have to change the default view back every time. You could even argue that "Always use current" is even more confusing, as current refers to changes that have already been made.

So having to chose from the two, I do think "Remember view settings" is better, as I believe it also gives the user a better idea of what the function does.

But I still think the text should say something that somewhat indicates that you want to check the box first and then make changes.

I even think "Remember changes to view settings" would be better, as changes is both past/future form.

My biggest issue with the latest releases is still the 10 second lock-up in the main window after closing notes in single note view. Everything else works buttery smooth so it doesn't really make any sense.

Or save the view with the notebook/search/tag when you check the box, leaving the default alone at that point.  No different than prior this way in that changes made stuck view to view.  If it worked this way I would change my vote to Option 2, conscious decision to save what is displayed at that time.

• Level 5*

Thanks for the update - seems to be running smoothly.  You guys are obviously working hard at polishing the product,  and it's much appreciated.  :)

As to the choice - Option 1: Always use current view for <Notebook Name>

Seems much clearer,  and a bit shorter.

I think the "Always use current view" option is clear.

May I ask when you will implement the "Are you sure?" step after a Delete command please.  By all means allow it to be switched off for users who don't feel they need it.  At present it is stil to easy to delete a Note without realising it by brushing against the delete key on a Windows keyboard.  I realise that Mac users, having no delete key don't have this problem but for Windows users it is a risk.

• Level 5*

One thing that is not saved with the view is Search Information on or off.  Personally, there are times I want to see the explanation and times I'd rather not (reminder saved searches for example).  Don't know if this design or oversight, but I'd appreciate the capability.  REALLY like the saved views for reminder searches.  Very helpful.

Also, noticed that Trash seems to have its own default view, no biggie.  Also is the Deleted date column new, don't remember that one.  Nice.  :)

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, Mukesh Sudhakar said:

It's not just me that thinks this updated version (or standard desktop version) of Evernote looks a little dull? I really like the touch-based design of Evernote Touch, but yes the inclusion of limited features was annoying. Are there any works in progress for modernising the look of the Evernote app?

Specific suggestions are usually better than non-specific suggestions. What does "dull" mean? What does "modernising" mean?

Personally, I don't care if it looks "dull" (whatever it means), so long as it has the functionality I need.

• Level 5*

I don't see much difference between this and recent previous versions. However, I agree with @jefito that functionality outweighs form for me. The functionality is getting much better (fewer hangs), so I believe there must be some folks working on the product behind the scenes. I am not holding my breath for a major revision to the form anytime soon, because this seems to be the way of the world lately.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Mukesh Sudhakar said:

It's not just me that thinks this updated version (or standard desktop version) of Evernote looks a little dull? I really like the touch-based design of Evernote Touch, but yes the inclusion of limited features was annoying. Are there any works in progress for modernising the look of the Evernote app?

A version or so back was even whiter.  In the current version key items are now highlighted:  tags and notebook in the note header, the shortcut if that is the current context, the search terms, and the darker blue new note button.  The only item not consistently highlighted is the current note in the note list (sometimes it goes gray), in side list view at least.  

It has made it much easier for me to quickly visually understand what I am looking at.  Not a lot of clutter either.  Some folks use stylized tags, but not I.  These are personal preferences, so YMMV for sure.

• Level 5*

OK despite having fun with new notes and checking sync with the web I seem to have a sync problem - or more accurately,  two sync problems,  though I suspect they're linked.

I still have a number - a surprisingly large number - of notes which,  in the List view,  have a dot in the Sync column.  I've always taken this to mean that the note (or some element of the note) is unsynced,  and sure enough I have little entries in the info section of the ones I checked,  which say "1 (PDF/ image) has not been synced".  There are 600+ of these suckers.

I also have a very l-o-o-o-o-o-o-ng sync time - around 30 minutes - of hard drive activity and very slow responsiveness.

I tried changing the desktop version of a note and syncing - checked on the web - the changes are there,  but it still shows a dot on the desktop.  Change the web version and sync - and I get a conflicting changes entry for that note.  The original,  now without a dot in the Sync column,  is in the CC notebook,  the new change from the web is in the correct notebook... and still shows that darned dot.

I've signed out and signed in,  restarted and generally messed around,  and the obvious next step is to delete the database folder and download the notes from the server.  (22k notes.  Ugh.)  I've reported it,  with Activity Log under ticket #1816603 and I'll see what the friendly folks at Support have to say.

My most recent sync log ended with -

15:18:01 [6352] Client synchronization finished, status: complete
15:18:01 [6352] * elapsed time: 28m 42s
15:18:01 [6352] * 51 items received
15:18:01 [6352] * 2593 items sent
15:18:01 [14284] GA: Failed to send event (error: The system cannot locate the resource specified.)

There is no way that it was necessary to update that many notes after my activities in the past few days...

Other than that everything seems to be working,  so I'll plod on and see what happens.  Happy Monday!  <_< (It is still Monday,  right?)

• Level 5*

Thanks - wearing that t-shirt now.  Made no difference.  I also just found a PDF that shows up just as a line in Windows,  but (fortunately) a complete file on the web.

Add text to note on the web and sync - desktop note changes,  but still shows a line where the 1.55MB PDF should be.

Download PDF and drag/ drop to the desktop note - that's the second line you can now see in the note.  (!)

Attach via the paperclip - I got a thicker line!!

Attach from Google Drive - now shows as 'title not available' link.  SIgh.  At least the thick line is now lines 2 & 3...

(This is the edited copy of a speech I gave in Manchester nearly 30 years ago,  and I don't think there are many copies still in existence,  nevermind how reverently my audience listened at the time...:P)

2016-09-12_1645.png

• Level 5*

I have had regular PDFs become "invisible" in the past.  When it has happened I have right clicked in the body of the note and selected Save Attachments.  For whatever reason, I could save the attachment to the desktop, validate it, delete the attachment from the note, and then add the attachment back to the note. 

Weird on a good day, but fortunately I did not lose anything,

• Level 5
23 minutes ago, Toby* said:

I do not see the Google Drive thumbnail

They make it difficult to find. It is buried in the note menu. 

• Go to an individual note in the Note Panel
  • Click the 3 down arrows
  • Click the un-named icon shown below

Evernote Google Drive.png

• Level 5*

Does anyone have the saved searches appear in a dropdown in the search box when you put your cursor in it like it used to do with 5.x and currently does on the Mac version?

• Level 5*

I think "Always use..." is definitely clearer. IIRC other apps use this same phrasing, roughly. It's clearer about what's being saved IMHO.

There's also a sign in glitch. Every day the one note i stuck a Drive file in tells me to "Connect", but if I click the link and then close out of the sign-in popup, it has me signed in properly. I'd record my screen but I already did the moves for the day so I'm signed in :/

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, EdH said:

Does anyone have the saved searches appear in a dropdown in the search box when you put your cursor in it like it used to do with 5.x and currently does on the Mac version?

I don't. Ctrl-Q will give you that, and recent searches, plus a search box you can type into. Seems as though that could all just be moved into the normal search box as you suggest (I think you're suggesting that).

• Level 5*
5 minutes ago, jefito said:

I don't. Ctrl-Q will give you that, and recent searches, plus a search box you can type into. Seems as though that could all just be moved into the normal search box as you suggest (I think you're suggesting that).

Yes. I use ALT-F3 as CTRL-Q on the Mac will close it and since I use both platforms, I don't want any CTRL-Q muscle memory. Evernote's help says it should have a dropdown (AND IT SHOULD!) but it doesn't. When I reported that error to Support, an Evernote Certified Consultant told me he has the dropdown in his Windows client and pointed me to this thread.

Use a saved search

To recall a saved search, click or tap in your search box. You'll see a list of your saved searches appear below the search box.

Thanks @jefito. I tried toggling various SEARCH settings in the preferences, but still no dropdown. :-(

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, EdH said:

Nope.  Ctrl-Q gets you there on Windows, but we know what that does on Mac.  Or left panel hidden in the view and use the magnifying glass.  But not as it used to be.

Maybe create a PhraseExpress hot key that generates the Ctrl-Q, kind of a Rube Goldberg machine.  Doesn't solve the problem though....

a_simple_task_headline.0.jpg

• Level 5*

Thanks @csihilling. Yeah, ALT-F3 works on Windows too, which is now on a sticky note on my Surface Pro 4 screen. That isn't a dangerous keystroke on a Mac should I accidentally do it. The thing is, I reported the documentation error to support because AFAIK, there is no place on the Evernote support site that tells Windows users how to access their saved searches. Just hidden mystery hotkeys. When I reported it, I was told I was wrong and his version does it just like the support site says.

So, we move on....

Off topic, I know, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the Code Block styling button that arrived in 6.x!  It's an example of such a small feature making such a big difference to my work, saving loads of time and inconsistency manually formatting dev notes.  Keep 'em coming :) 

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, MonkeyPoo said:

Off topic, I know, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the Code Block styling button that arrived in 6.x!  It's an example of such a small feature making such a big difference to my work, saving loads of time and inconsistency manually formatting dev notes.  Keep 'em coming :) 

It's never topic to say thank you. I have been using this one a fair amount myself. Not the toolbar button, though; Ctrl+Shift+L FTW!

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, chirmer said:

There's also a sign in glitch. Every day the one note i stuck a Drive file in tells me to "Connect", but if I click the link and then close out of the sign-in popup, it has me signed in properly. I'd record my screen but I already did the moves for the day so I'm signed in :/

Nabbed a GIF of the issue:

c7b84f5b25f5cb34f4dbd28731f6e1c3.gif

5 hours ago, Lesicaire said:

Can someone tell me how to show google drive links as a link rather than as a thumbnails inside a note?

Is there an option somewhere to disable the google drive integration?

You can insert file sharing URL into the note, but it requires the use of the third-party program. If you simply copy and paste it, Evernote will convert it into the thumbnail. I use Ditto as my clipboard manager. It's free and very useful. Here is the link to the video illustrating the steps:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bQEgnH_hGIU0RsZVdTWS0zcEE/view?usp=sharing

And as far as I know there is no option to disable google drive integration. 

14 hours ago, keisoko said:

And as far as I know there is no option to disable google drive integration. 

How come we can't disable the google drive integration?? If I want to just be able to see a link instead of the thumbnails surely I should be able to do it. We have the possiblitiy to display PDF as a thumbnails or just as a attachement.

Can you we an option similiar to PDF like this:

2016-09-18_11-46-11-Evernote.jpg

Why not having "Allow google drive link displayed as a link" ?

Can someone from Evernote Dev team tell me if there is a plan for this?

Can't we not opt out from the Google Drive integration??

• Level 5*
On 9/17/2016 at 9:44 AM, Lesicaire said:

Can someone tell me how to show google drive links as a link rather than as a thumbnails inside a note?

You can get a link if you create a file link to the local version of the file.  Don't know if this would help with your use case.  FWIW.

ScreenClip.png

• Level 5

I might be missing something but the Evernote/Google DriveI feature does not seem ready for Prime Time yet.

I really hope Evernote's marketing department includes a tutorial on how to use the EN/GD abilities - especially how to search GD files from the Evernote program.

hace 17 horas, Lesicaire dijo:

How come we can't disable the google drive integration?? If I want to just be able to see a link instead of the thumbnails surely I should be able to do it. We have the possiblitiy to display PDF as a thumbnails or just as a attachement.

There's a way. Immediately after the Google Drive Rich Link appears press Ctrl+Z and a common Text Link will appear. That's the same behavior the pseudo-markdown has when you want to undo formatting.

Also, I found a bug (not sure if it has been reported) with View Settings. If I try to save the view of a Parent Tag, instead of doing that,it opens the New Saved Search window.

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, nicobro88 said:

Also, I found a bug (not sure if it has been reported) with View Settings. If I try to save the view of a Parent Tag, instead of doing that,it opens the New Saved Search window.

Do you have Tools / Options / Navigation / "Automatically Select Child Tags" checked? If so, I replicated that behavior. It may be by design: when you do that, then that means that the parent tag denotes a multi-term search of that tag plus all of its subtags (any: tag:parenttag tag:subtag1 tag:subtag2...), not just a single tag. That suggests saved search to me. Of course, it could still be a bug...

If you don't have that option checked, then I can't replicate the behavior.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jefito said:

Do you have Tools / Options / Navigation / "Automatically Select Child Tags" checked? If so, I replicated that behavior. It may be by design: when you do that, then that means that the parent tag denotes a multi-term search of that tag plus all of its subtags (any: tag:parenttag tag:subtag1 tag:subtag2...), not just a single tag. That suggests saved search to me. Of course, it could still be a bug...

If you don't have that option checked, then I can't replicate the behavior.

I also think this is intended, and actually quite clever that they thought of this.

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, Lesicaire said:

Can you we an option similiar to PDF like this:

2016-09-18_11-46-11-Evernote.jpg

Why not having "Allow google drive link displayed as a link" ?

Can someone from Evernote Dev team tell me if there is a plan for this?

Can't we not opt out from the Google Drive integration??

There seems to be a Rich link post in the Registry, and turning that to 0 might do it.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, gustavgi said:

I also think this is intended, and actually quite clever that they thought of this.

I do too. I didn't get around to testing this further, though. If you save such a search:

• does it yield the same result if you move a subtag out of the tree? I.e., is the original search persisted (any: tag:parent tag:subtag1...), or is the search persisted in such a way that the the subtags aren't literally included, just the fact that that it's a hierarchical search, and use whatever subtags are actually there at the time of the search. I'd guess the latter.
  • does it yield the same result If you save the search, but then disable the "Automatically Select Child Tags" setting? I.e., does it honor the setting, or the original search? I think that the former would be potentially less confusing to the unsuspecting user, but the latter would be useful, since you the setting is captured in the search, and you could set up hierarchical searches that work the same no matter what the setting is.
  • Level 5*
35 minutes ago, jefito said:

I do too. I didn't get around to testing this further, though. If you save such a search:

• does it yield the same result if you move a subtag out of the tree? I.e., is the original search persisted (any: tag:parent tag:subtag1...), or is the search persisted in such a way that the the subtags aren't literally included, just the fact that that it's a hierarchical search, and use whatever subtags are actually there at the time of the search. I'd guess the latter.
  • does it yield the same result If you save the search, but then disable the "Automatically Select Child Tags" setting? I.e., does it honor the setting, or the original search? I think that the former would be potentially less confusing to the unsuspecting user, but the latter would be useful, since you the setting is captured in the search, and you could set up hierarchical searches that work the same no matter what the setting is.

My guess is yes to both your question. Having the function that child tags are shown when selecting a parent tag is just a quick way of manually adding all child tags to a regular search.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, gustavgi said:

My guess is yes to both your question. Having the function that child tags are shown when selecting a parent tag is just a quick way of manually adding all child tags to a regular search.

Looks like you're right. The any: search is captured literally (frozen?) in the saved search, and the view settings apply to the saved search. That's a pretty useful thing, because I'd not want to spend time flipping the "Automatically Select Child Tags" on or off from the Options dialog. Of course, if there were a hotkey or change to the search language to enable/disable it... :) 

• Evernote Expert

@Chantal Leonard @kvitekp POSSIBLE BUG -

Hi Guys, I tried to add a couple of PDF Files into Evernote. Once added, I opened the pdf files from Evernote in the native FOXIT PDF Reader app ( Not the inbuilt Skitch Annotation), but the moment, the PDF is opened, the Foxit Reader keeps crashing.

The PDf files are themselves very light and are only 70KB and 90KB and have only text in them. When I standalone open the PDF Files in Foxit, they open without any problem. So adding the pdf ( which then got indexed with the local EN database, and now opening with Foxit seems to be creating some problem, I am thinking.)

What I observe however is that the EN app does not crash, but the foxit app does. Can you guys help me out?

• Level 5*

Thought I would post this request in the beta thread.  Currently if you Shift-Left Click to the right of the tags in the note header a search is created for those tags in the notebook of that note.  Any chance of getting something like Ctrl-Left Click to get a search of those tags in All Notes? 

Personal use case:  even though I don't have many notebooks when I am tagging/titling imported documents or want to search across local/synced notebooks it would be easier.  Not a biggie by any stretch.

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, csihilling said:

Thought I would post this request in the beta thread.  Currently if you Shift-Left Click to the right of the tags in the note header a search is created for those tags in the notebook of that note.  Any chance of getting something like Ctrl-Left Click to get a search of those tags in All Notes? 

Personal use case:  even though I don't have many notebooks when I am tagging/titling imported documents or want to search across local/synced notebooks it would be easier.  Not a biggie by any stretch.

Ever since the Ctrl+Q quick search was implemented I would like to see some more smart ways to take advantage of this. It would be nice to be able to right click a word in a text and do a quick search using that word (I already have this working by using PhraseExpress). Even though it would require one more step compared to what you are asking for, I think a way to universally implement this would then be to be able to right click a tag and do a quick search using that tag.

All steps in the right direction, great to see these! Simplifying but not making the functionality any simpler is exactly what you should be doing! 

My recommendation is further streamlining of the top area, making the app feel very true to itself, not just another windows style app. At current there are 3 rows before the actual information that I want to see, it's unnecessary, screens are optimised for wide application not tall stacked ones (remember the toolbar hell of Office 2003, Internet Exploder). This could all be hidden and optimised, accessing the menu via the Evernote Icon, with most frequent buttons along side. (At best an option to hide the File menu bar)

Evernote Interface.png

Lastly, I know windows 10 has adaptive layout support, but I imagine only certain codebases and ideal for new applications etc. But is this something your teams have looked into for a release farther out? A great way to see this in action, and feel for writing things etc like Evernote, would be with the windows 10 mail app, how it adapts its 3 panes and editing areas. 

Please let me know what you think, I would look to see something like the image above. Or at least an option to hide the windows menu (that thing is ugly and easily accessible with Alt)

Thank you.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, MySecretUser said:

All steps in the right direction, great to see these! Simplifying but not making the functionality any simpler is exactly what you should be doing! 

My recommendation is further streamlining of the top area, making the app feel very true to itself, not just another windows style app. At current there are 3 rows before the actual information that I want to see, it's unnecessary, screens are optimised for wide application not tall stacked ones (remember the toolbar hell of Office 2003, Internet Exploder). This could all be hidden and optimised, accessing the menu via the Evernote Icon, with most frequent buttons along side. (At best an option to hide the File menu bar)

Evernote Interface.png

Lastly, I know windows 10 has adaptive layout support, but I imagine only certain codebases and ideal for new applications etc. But is this something your teams have looked into for a release farther out? A great way to see this in action, and feel for writing things etc like Evernote, would be with the windows 10 mail app, how it adapts its 3 panes and editing areas. 

Please let me know what you think, I would look to see something like the image above. Or at least an option to hide the windows menu (that thing is ugly and easily accessible with Alt)

Thank you.

There is a custom layout "hidden" in the registry, which at least merges the top and menu rows as well as making it thinner. I don't know if they plan to develop that further or make it public. My only problem with it is that it doesnt show when Evernote is "not responding" which is my regular hint that EN is still searching.

haven't read the whole thread.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for bringing back the menu-item for deleting a note (you now call it "move to recycle bin") so you just have to press "alt"+"n">"e">"e" (it seems complicated, but its fastern then moving your hand to the mouse)

If you could show this option in the "open note in a new window" - menu, too, that would be really great (it's absent there)

• Level 5
On 9/9/2016 at 5:55 PM, jbenson2 said:

I've used Evernote since 2008, have 43,000 notes, and hundreds of Google Drive documents.

But the Evernote / Google Drive search procedure has me stumped.

Can you provide details? Keep in mind that we only search against the title of your Google Drive document at the moment, not its contents. If a Google Drive document title matches your search, the matching words are highlighted in the rich link thumbnail.

• Level 5
On 9/17/2016 at 10:44 AM, Lesicaire said:

Yes, uncheck "Show descriptive links" in Options > Note > Note editing options.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, emerick said:

Can you provide details? Keep in mind that we only search against the title of your Google Drive document at the moment, not its contents. If a Google Drive document title matches your search, the matching words are highlighted in the rich link thumbnail.

Why does your quote keep growing with non-editable blank lines when I edit my post?

• Level 5
1 hour ago, emerick said:

Thank you for your comments.

The current description does not offer much assistance. I don't see any mention that it only searches GD titles. And I do not see any Evernote "rich viewing experience" with my GD PDF's.

• Google Drive integration: Instead of pasting links to files, Drive content added to Evernote will now include thumbnail previews and a rich viewing experience. You can also search Drive from Evernote and any changes to files in Drive will sync automatically with your notes. There’s even a handy icon in the Evernote toolbar to jump right into your Drive.

Suggestion: Rather than cherry-picking my specific problems with EN/GD, I would prefer that Evernote publish some substantial and informative "How-To" information on this new feature to assist everyone.

• Evernote Expert

@emerick

@Chantal Leonard @kvitekp I installed and updated the Windows 10 Anniversary Patch, and EN Beta 6.3.2.3429 has become virtually unusable. The app keeps freezing now and then, and the freeze ranges between 5 to 30 seconds, therefore rendering the app unusable. Even when I am in the middle of typing a note, the app freezes which makes me go :angry: Please try to fix this problem ASAP.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Sugeeth Krishnamoorthy said:

@emerick

@Chantal Leonard @kvitekp I installed and updated the Windows 10 Anniversary Patch, and EN Beta 6.3.2.3429 has become virtually unusable. The app keeps freezing now and then, and the freeze ranges between 5 to 30 seconds, therefore rendering the app unusable. Please try to fix this problem.

Wow. This has been happening to me since Evernote 5.x. It just locks up, says "not responding" then comes back. I've gotten in the habit of using either my Mac or the web interface if I am going to be doing a lot of typing. The Windows client is trying to do too much in the background or something. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

Why does your quote keep growing with non-editable blank lines when I edit my post?

One of the benefits of this forum software. 

I also have to sometimes just submit a post then immediately delete it to get the post box cleaned up.

• Evernote Expert
1 minute ago, EdH said:

Wow. This has been happening to me since Evernote 5.x. It just locks up, says "not responding" then comes back. I've gotten in the habit of using either my Mac or the web interface if I am going to be doing a lot of typing. The Windows client is trying to do too much in the background or something. 

@Chantal Leonard @kvitekp This problem was there especially during the momentary freeze when a search query was typed. Most of the other functions did not have much glitches and were quite usable. But this version has some issue with the latest Windows 10 update.

On 21/09/2016 at 9:30 PM, gustavgi said:

There is a custom layout "hidden" in the registry, which at least merges the top and menu rows as well as making it thinner. I don't know if they plan to develop that further or make it public. My only problem with it is that it doesnt show when Evernote is "not responding" which is my regular hint that EN is still searching.

I did not know about those, thank you, it is improved. The regedit information for that is from 2014, weird that it's been there but not rolled out, it's a lot better. 

It's not perfect, I still think the file menu is pointless being shown 100% of the time. Thank you once again :D

On 9/22/2016 at 8:09 PM, jbenson2 said:

The current description does not offer much assistance. I don't see any mention that it only searches GD titles. And I do not see any Evernote "rich viewing experience" with my GD PDF's.

Evernote team needs to make the part about only searching the titles clear in the release notes. Currently, it is very fuzzy and most people won't think this is title-only. When I saw google drive integration I thought this is great. But then I was told this is title only search.

Archived