Default Style for Notebooks and Folders

secolburn

I am trying to figure out how to use the new "Style" attribute of folders to color code two Notebooks that I have.  I can change the text style and the text color for individual folders, but there doesn't seem to be a way to change these attributes for the entire Notebook.  What I would like to do is to select a color and a text style for all the folders in one notebook (i.e. RED and BOLD), and select a different COLOR attribute for all the folders in another Notebook.  So far, I have only been able to do that one folder at a time.  And if you choose SET THIS [STYLE] AS THE DEFAULT STYLE, it changes ALL folders in ALL NOTEBOOKS to that style.  There must be a way to use the style attribute to distinguish folders in one notebook from folders in a different notebook, visually.  Ideas and suggestions, please!  I have way too many folders to do this operation one folder at a time!  I tried selecting multiple folders before changing the STYLE attributes, but that option does not seem to be enabled.  HELP!

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, secolburn said:

I am trying to figure out how to use the new "Style" attribute of folders to color code two Notebooks that I have.  I can change the text style and the text color for individual folders, but there doesn't seem to be a way to change these attributes for the entire Notebook.  What I would like to do is to select a color and a text style for all the folders in one notebook (i.e. RED and BOLD), and select a different COLOR attribute for all the folders in another Notebook.  So far, I have only been able to do that one folder at a time.  And if you choose SET THIS [STYLE] AS THE DEFAULT STYLE, it changes ALL folders in ALL NOTEBOOKS to that style.  There must be a way to use the style attribute to distinguish folders in one notebook from folders in a different notebook, visually.  Ideas and suggestions, please!  I have way too many folders to do this operation one folder at a time!  I tried selecting multiple folders before changing the STYLE attributes, but that option does not seem to be enabled.  HELP!

Evernote has stacks, notebooks and notes.  There are no folders so I'm having a little trouble following what you are trying to do.  Style attributes can be applied to the notebook level only, not at the stack, or individual note level.  Styles can also be applied to tags which you can also use to help your organization at the note level.  The Set as Default option works two ways.  If you try to apply this to a sync'd notebook it will ask you if you want to apply this style to all of your sync'd notebooks.  If you try to apply this to a local notebook it will ask you if you want to apply the style to all of your local notebooks.  So the set as default option does distinguish between sync'd and local notebooks.  I'm guessing that is will also distinguish shared notebooks but I can't confirm since I don't use those.

Archived