Not saving files locally - how can I do this?

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, GiacomoLaw said:

I recently got a notebook PC, with only 30gb of space, so storage is rare on it. How can I set Evernote to not save my notes locally, in order to save space on my disk?

The desktop platform stores an entire copy of your notes.  There's no option at this time
Mobile platforms have a selective sync feature

You could use the web platform (www.evernote.com) and nothing is stored locally

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, GiacomoLaw said:

Hi there

I recently got a notebook PC, with only 30gb of space, so storage is rare on it. How can I set Evernote to not save my notes locally, in order to save space on my disk?

Thanks! :)

What you are looking for is desktop selective sync which is currently only available on mobile devices.  If you want to want to add your vote to the request you can go here:

The selective sync request is more popular than this voting total would indicate.

• Level 5*

Another option is to use two accounts, one, the master, which you keep on a machine that has enough space for all your notes, and the second slave account (this can be a free account, btw). Put all of the notes that you need to access from your notebook PC into notebooks that you then share to the slave account.

54 minutes ago, jefito said:

Another option is to use two accounts, one, the master, which you keep on a machine that has enough space for all your notes, and the second slave account (this can be a free account, btw). Put all of the notes that you need to access from your notebook PC into notebooks that you then share to the slave account.

I don't want to do this as I like to keep all my notes in one place, so I can easily search them, etc.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, GiacomoLaw said:

I don't want to do this as I like to keep all my notes in one place, so I can easily search them, etc.

How about using the two suggestions

1. Web account for your notes all in one place
  2. Basic account on your pc with the shared notebook

When you want to annotate a note - move it to the shared notebook
The note is now available for annotation with Evernote Windows

Archived