Cannot Add Tag in a Shared Notebook

I am an Evernote Premium User, Desktop Mac OSX Platform. I shared several of my notebooks with my sister. I have also given her my List of Tags.  She is unable to add my own tags to my notes in the shared Notebooks even though she has "Can Edit" Permission on the Shared Notebooks.  Are we doing something wrong? Is it because she is using a PC Desktop platform?

We have tried synching etc. Some Tags she CAN Add and others she cannot. it is strange.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Chris Shields said:

I am an Evernote Premium User, Desktop Mac OSX Platform. I shared several of my notebooks with my sister. I have also given her my List of Tags.  She is unable to add my own tags to my notes in the shared Notebooks even though she has "Can Edit" Permission on the Shared Notebooks.  Are we doing something wrong? Is it because she is using a PC Desktop platform?

We have tried synching etc. Some Tags she CAN Add and others she cannot. it is strange.

afaik  Thats a design decision - only a Notebook's owner can add new tags to a shared notebook
          You 'List of Tags" would only work, if you have used the tags in the shared notebook

When I share a notebook, I have a top note with info.  I add the allowed tags to that note so they will be available for the sharees to use

One benefit of this design is that I don't get new tags showing up in my carefully organized list.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, DTLow said:

afaik  Thats a design decision - only a Notebook's owner can add new tags to a shared notebook
          You 'List of Tags" would only work, if you have used the tags in the shared notebook

Correct, it's a design decision. Lengthy thread on the topic is here: note the comments by @engberg, who was company CTO at the time. Judging by that thread, this could easily be a feature request, as there's interest; the rare occasions I want to add a tag to another account, I can do it either via a mobile client of via the web, so it's not a huge deal to me personally.

Well I have read most of that thread thanks Jefito! and it leads me to the conclusion that this has been a problem for many since 2014? so my next question is since your paying for premium use and cannot get evernote to work how we would like does anyone have a similar software for shared notebooks without this issue? If I am hired to work on a shared notebook and the said tags are previously added in that notebook I should be able to continue to add those tags as I work and the fact that it lets me add some but not all seems to be a software glitch in my opinion? I will try some of the options but as this has been ongoing for all of you for the last 2 years I will be looking for an alternative software any suggestions would be appreciated, Sincerely, kathleen

Archived