sync button shows a red explanation mark

The last couple of days the windows version of evernote shows a red explanation mark. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, held down the control button while syncing but nothing seems to resolve it. I've also noticed that I can no longer delete a note by hitting the delete button on my keyboard. I do not have the same issue on my macbook, iphone or ipad.

Does anyone have any other suggestions i might try?

CANT_UPDATE_ATTRS_TABLE, error: "Can't save uid=2, error: database disk image is malformed"
11:07:17 [7124] 100% Cannot commit transaction "writeNotes", error: CANT_UPDATE_ATTRS_TABLE (Can't save uid=2, error: database disk image is malformed)

11:07:17 [6612] Client synchronization finished, status: failed
11:07:17 [6612] * elapsed time: 3s
11:07:17 [6612] * 1 item received

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, todd50021 said:

The last couple of days the windows version of evernote shows a red explanation mark. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, held down the control button while syncing but nothing seems to resolve it. I've also noticed that I can no longer delete a note by hitting the delete button on my keyboard. I do not have the same issue on my macbook, iphone or ipad.

Delete the database (.exb file) and let the entire database be rebuilt from the EN servers

Warning - the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsynced notes)

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, todd50021 said:

I tried that and I still get the explanation mark.

Well, before you rebuild you could try the Fix All Notes option in the Help Menu.  Press the Ctrl key while clicking on Help in the menu bar.  Select Fix All Notes.  If that doesn't work then either EN support or a rebuild would be in order.

• Level 5*

It looks like the database has gotten corrupted somehow (" database disk image is malformed" is a sqlite error). The solutions recommended here might work, but it sounds like a visit to Evernote support would be in order. You may lose unsynced notes; check vs the Evernote web client to see what notes haven't been synced; you may be able to export any unsynced notes to Evernote format, and restore them later when your database is back in business.

• Level 5*
On 9/7/2016 at 11:43 AM, todd50021 said:

I realize that you have already fixed the issue by recreating the database, but if the problem you had was in just deleting a single note, for future reference, you may have been plagued with a zombie note :).  I get these on occasion.  The following thread helps with deleting a problem note and is quicker than deleting and redownloading the entire database.

Archived