Date / Time Stamp for IOS - One More Time / Try

gophigure

Idea

I have seen this topic discussed in older posts, but nothing recently. I have just started a process of daily logging for my job and can see the shortcuts for the D/T stamp on the PC, but has anything been done for the iOS app to give it that same functionality?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

61 replies to this idea

I can quickly add a time and date stamp from my Mac but not from iPhone.

But I need it most from my iPhone because I take 90% of my notes in the field.

If you can add a button either in the bottom menu where the font buttons are or at the top where the alarm setting button is, that would be AWESOME!

Thank you

Al

• Like 1

...and now I've discovered they're for external keyboards only.  What's the point of that? Quick notations when out and about are what I need this feature for - who carries an external keyboard with them? Very disappointed again now.  One Note is looking even more appealing again. With the recent upgrades there, I'm trying to work out why I'm still using Evernote at the moment.

• Level 5*

Discussions for this feature have been consolidated

To indicate your support, use the vote button at the top left corner of the discussion

Hi there.  Having searched the internet for a solution to my request, it's clear that this would be a really simple, well used feature.  A simple button that inserts a time / date stamp would be fantastic, and encourage me to use evernote more.  Loads are asking for it.  PLEASE??!  Thank you.

• Like 4

I, too, would obtain substantial additional value from Evernote if its iOS app allowed me to (at least) view both date and time stamps for notes from days before the current one. One benefit for me would include the ability to identify the time on a given date that I made an observation, participated in an event, and/or conducted an activity associated w/an Evernote note I created. Another would be having time of day as one category of metadata available to me while "manually" searching (through visual inspection of my Notes list during scrolling). Entering/modifying "Created" and/or "Updated" dates and times would also be useful to me from time to time, although viewing the time values would be much more valuable to me.

It is reasonable to expect that Evernote has multiple reasons to simplify their iOS implementation of their app relative to their desktop versions. However, I believe that they should no longer sacrifice both time-stamp metadata viewing and date/time-stamp metadata entering/modifying functionality to serve their simplification goals.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Hi all,

There seem to be two issues in this thread re: date and time.

1) Shortcut or button to insert a date and/or time

2) Ability to view time in addition to date of note creation and last edit

We appreciate the feedback, and we'll consider both of these for future releases.

Cheers,

Chuck

• Like 1

Please, PLEASE add this soon! I could even do this with the barbaric note app on BlackBerry! It was so efficient, I could log my time in seconds. Just type "ts" and it would drop in the time. ds = date stamp. tds = Time/Date stamp. This is not programmatically hard to do.

I have several notes that are regularly being added to so I would LOVE THIS FEATURE!

but....

...please allow us to modify the format in settings: yyyy-mm-dd, dd-mm-yyyy, dd month yyyy, or for the Americans - the unintuitive month-day-year format. 

• Like 1

Excellent, thank you! Can't wait to try it out, although I can't yet find it in my iPhone?

It will be a really useful feature though - let's hope it works on iPhone & iPad. 

Thanks again - it feels good to have influenced the powers that be!p

I use Evernote on iPhone iOS everyday to catalogue my site visits at work and is a very valuable asset for my colleagues and myself to keep on top of outstanding issues that need attention. However there is an issue that needs fixing to make this iOS app 100% for a lot of users. 
The detail on notes posted has no time stamp. For instance, I need to know the exact time the note was posted but all the info I get is 'created yesterday' and no time created/updated stamp. Android and pc/Mac app can do this!

Please can we have this option?

• Thanks 1

I keep thinking (1) Many Evernote uses would want this feature and (2) It would only take the Evernote Developers only 30-60 minutes to implement this feature. ---- But, apparently, I am wrong.

Can anyone from the Evernote Corporation set me straight on this? 

Is this enhancement still on the list?

I can't believe it's been more than a year since official response and no progress yet... that's really disappointing. As a paid user I'm really starting to feel uncomfortable that customer voice is not reaching the management. Evernote is stagnating 

Agree with the shorthand option mention above...   ts and ds.   This sort of functionality could be used for tons of added functionality, especially on mobile devices where typing is constrained and button-space is premium.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, FullCircle6 said:

EverNote! Please respond.

The last response I read was  
 We appreciate the feedback, and we'll consider both of these for future releases.

No update so far, 
although
datestamp keyboard (eternal) shortcuts were implemented for the IOS platform

In addition to the keyboard shortcut, I use the FastEver app which includes a datestamp 

>>I'm about to move everything to OneNote

Good Bye, Good Luck

2 Years? 
I don't see how this is not a thing yet... 

'We appreciate the feedback, and we'll consider both of these for future releases.' - But probably not....

So basically tracking anything has to be done through a computer, That is not the best type of intergration.

• Level 5*

Good call - haven't seen this request that I can recall.  I use a text expander on my desktop - Phrase Express - which can insert a date/ time with a keypress.  It and other apps also work on mobiles - though not in the note body for some reason...  good for titles though. 

• Level 5*
On 2017-08-01 at 오후 0시 13분, Brian O Sullivan said:

I use date stamp when making calls : example  :  Called Maria in AIG : 01/08/2017 20:07

On Windows  Ctrl + : 

This function is not available on the mobile version 

Could I put this forward as a function to have on mobile 

On my my iPad I can use use command shift D
Here are other keyboard (external) shortcuts

IMG_1767.thumb.PNG.1fe6a385b681d5a2f91acbf809b3eb2c.PNG

My wish is that we could format the date the way we want it displayed. In the meantime, I typically pull up the Textexpander keyboard and the shortcuts I have set there.

• Like 1

On my desktop my date is displayed d/m/year it must pick up the PC date format or I may have changed the settings in evernote  originally

using Ctrl + :  is fantastic as I can use it as I update a note or a call I receive it has so many uses and is almost automatic for me to use 

Textexpander I will have a look at as it would be great if I could have it on mobile 

Many Thanks 

Brian

I've asked for this several times ever since EN came on iOS.  Just a little icon along with the strip of text formatting controls (bold, italic, tick box  etc) would be perfect - from the date into anything you are typing.  Suitable date format could be varied in settings to suit nationality etc.  yes please again....

Untitled.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Jarran Zen said:

I walked away from them about 6 months ago.

And yet, you're still here, posting in the user's forum.

A slow walker?

As I update my notes, I put a time stamp in the Windows and Mac app therefore it would be great to be able to do the same while on the go with the IOS app.

It is a great way of monitoring progress as well as documentation history for anything time sensitive especially when managing projects.

Very needed functionality for sure.

I have a variety of Notes in which I create a list of events. I start each item on the list with the date/time. With EN iOS, I have to type it in manually. I don't want to create a Note for each event, as I include other related information in the Note. I want to take the whole information picture into account at one time.

It's been 2-3 years since I submitted an official enhancement request for a button on the Note screen that will enter the current system date/time at the insert point. It hasn't happened, yet.

Should I give up hope?

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

I use Date Stamp (Shift + Command + D) or Time Stamp (Option + Shift + Command + D)
on my iPad Pro (external keypad).  It's a standard for Mac and IOS

There seems to be little interest in an on screen button; but never say never.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Analyst444 said:

I have a variety of Notes in which I create a list of events. I start each item on the list with the date/time. With EN iOS, I have to type it in manually. I don't want to create a Note for each event, as I include other related information in the Note. I want to take the whole information picture into account at one time.

It's been 2-3 years since I submitted an official enhancement request for a button on the Note screen that will enter the current system date/time at the insert point. It hasn't happened, yet.

Should I give up hope?

Do you happen to use something like Text Expander? That's what I use when I need the date and time entered on my iPhone. On my iPad I use the external keyboard like @DTLow

22 hours ago, Analyst444 said:

Should I give up hope?

I use the CTRL + ; for the date and time stamp on Windows app everyday when I am updating my notes and I would love a button in the iOS app for the same. 

Rebellions are built on hope...we all should keep on hoping. :) 

On 6/27/2018 at 4:23 PM, DTLow said:

I use Date Stamp (Shift + Command + D) or Time Stamp (Option + Shift + Command + D)
on my iPad Pro (external keypad).  It's a standard for Mac and IOS

There seems to be little interest in an on screen button; but never say never.

Not all of are using the iOS app with a keyboard. I am often on my phone 

- I have repeatedly suggested a ribbon above the keyboard with all of these input short cuts. Other apps aplenty do this; why the lag in Evernote ? 

It's not an evernote function (should be a button in the note window or accessed with a long-press) but it is an IOS function and can be accessed using an external keyboard only.

Use Shift-Cmd-D and Shift-Option-Cmd-D.

That's a workaround only and not possible using the onscreen keyboard.

• Level 5

In the notes metadata (that you can look up through the note information) this information is available, and both searchable and usable for sorting of notes. I am not sure about this, but I think external programs like Mac Scripts or Filterize  should be able to read this out and insert it in an automated process into the notes text.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

but I think external programs like Mac Scripts or Filterize  should be able to read this out and insert it in an automated process into the notes text.

Siri Shortcuts can format the data and put it in the clipboard
Paste will insert it into the note

Also, date insert shortcut works with an external keyboard

The request has been moved to the IOS forum