Import Issue with .enex files

I just got a new computer, so I exported all my local folders to .enex files as instructed by Evernote. I then installed Evernote onto my new machine, signed in, and started importing the .enex files. Periodically it would say that it couldn't import a specific note and that it put it in a temporary file. I have something like 30 notes in this temporary file. I can't restore these notes and am afraid to turn off my computer for fear of losiing them. What do I do? I have tried contacting Evernote using a support ticket, but the actual submit button never shows up. I choose the 3 levels of category and then nothing, no pop up window, no submit button, nothing. Please help. I really don't want to lose these notes. 

(and yes I have switched my new computer over to be one of the 2 allowed computers on my free subscription)

• Level 5*

Hi.  Do you have any Local Notebooks?  If not,  it's really not necessary to copy the database across.  Evernote has a copy of all your notes on the server.  You're actually in process of duplicating all your notes if you are logged into your existing account,  because the imported notes will be seen as new,  additional notes,  not the existing ones.

I'd recommend uninstalling your existing 'new' Evernote setup and deleting all your notes.  Don't delete them from within the app otherwise they'll also go from the server,  which might be a bad thing,  even if they are copies.  Just uninstall everything.  Then reinstall.  Just log in to your original account using the usual user name and password.  Evernote will download your notes to the new computer for you.

If you have any queries or problems,  don't be afraid to ask here.  Good luck.  :)

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Loves2bgreen said:

I just got a new computer, so I exported all my local folders to .enex files as instructed by Evernote. I then installed Evernote onto my new machine, signed in, and started importing the .enex files. Periodically it would say that it couldn't import a specific note and that it put it in a temporary file. I have something like 30 notes in this temporary file. I can't restore these notes and am afraid to turn off my computer for fear of losiing them. What do I do? I have tried contacting Evernote using a support ticket, but the actual submit button never shows up. I choose the 3 levels of category and then nothing, no pop up window, no submit button, nothing. Please help. I really don't want to lose these notes. 

(and yes I have switched my new computer over to be one of the 2 allowed computers on my free subscription)

I'm guessing you meant local notebooks instead of local folders

Are the failed import notes still in .enex format in the temporary file?
Can you attach a file to your post so we can take a look at it?

Archived