Google Play Services Error Persists

I keep getting "Google Play Services Error" on my Samsung Note4. It says "Evernote is having trouble with Google Play services. If persists please contact developer for assistance".

Any ideas on what to do to correct it. I am not aware of any specific changes/upgrades that would cause it.

• Level 5*

My Note4 just updated several apps,  so it doesn't seem that Play had an issue.  Have you tried restarting the phone?  If that doesn't sort things out you might consider uninstalling and reinstalling the app (make sure you sync first) and contacting support for assistance.  (The link is in Evernote > Settings on your phone.)

• 1 month later...

Android handset, forced a sync, and obtained error "Error with Google Play Services" and it instructed me to allow Google access access to essentially all data on my phone!

Nope. I. DON'T. THINK. SO.

It might  take me some time, but I intend to find out why Evernote client on an android handset needs to permission Google the ability to access all my data. That is absolutely unacceptable. I've been a paying subscriber of Evernote for five or six years, but this might be a deal breaker - the idea that Google can access everything.

Archived