Unable to remove note tags

kendnwheeler

I've tried to remove tags in any note from two different laptops running two different operating system using chrome and chromium with no success. Now i know it's been awhile since I've used the web version of evernote but I swear I was able to do this before. I've looked through the community site here and not found this particular problem. Is this new? Thought i'd check here first before I submit a ticket. On windows and the android version there is a close sign or indicator on every Tags button which seems to be missing now on the web version. I don't see any other way to remove a tag once attached to a note or am i missing something new?

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2016 at 10:07 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Click the tag.  Does it go green?  Hit the delete key.  Works for me.

When I have a note with more than 5 or 6 tags evernote automatically trims the amount of tags viewed and I can't access some tags to delete them. Any workaround?

Thanks in advance!

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  We're allegedly going to see improvements to the web interface next year,  but for now it's a lot less feature-rich than the desktop versions.  And the tags view seems to have a bug.  The screen grab below shows one note with 14 tags,  and if the one I want to delete is off screen to the right, I can select one tag and then use the arrow keys to move my selection right.  But once the view gets all the way there,  there's no way to move back.  Odd.

My suggested workaround would be - select any tag and right-arrow to the one you want;  if deleting it shortens the list enough you'll see the previous tags reappear,  otherwise,  probably not.  The only other option would be - use the desktop app,  not the browser version.  There are note views that will show you all the tags.

ScreenClip [1].png

Archived