Hyperlinks not working on iPhone

Hi there

Over the last few days I've suddenly had issues using hyperlinks on my iPhone. I create them on my Macbook, where they work fine, but then when I click on them on the phone, they don't open, but instead the keyboard comes up and the cursor takes me to the top of the note. 

It's strange, because they're still working on some notes, but not on others! Even notes where the links used to work are no longer working. 

I have just updated to the latest version of the Evernote app (7.16), and also updated my iPhone to iOS 9.3.5 - so perhaps that's contributing? 

Just doing a bit more testing; it would seem that it has something to do with the changes Evernote have made to the browser version. Now on Evernote Web, if you make a link you're asked to give the link a 'title', and then you put the link in underneath that. However, this titling option is not available on the Macbook app - which means you can't create a hyperlink! 

This also means all my old hyperlinks, created under the old system, no longer work ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 2016-09-02 at 7:17 AM, lukiechoo said:

Over the last few days I've suddenly had issues using hyperlinks on my iPhone. I create them on my Macbook, where they work fine, but then when I click on them on the phone, they don't open, but instead the keyboard comes up and the cursor takes me to the top of the note. 

It's strange, because they're still working on some notes, but not on others! Even notes where the links used to work are no longer working. 

I have just updated to the latest version of the Evernote app (7.16), and also updated my iPhone to iOS 9.3.5 - so perhaps that's contributing? 

I reported the issue below, with a support ticket

I did isolate it to links where I had applied colour.  Removing the colour solved the issue.

The response is that it's a known problem, and they're working on it

Mine isn't with color.  For the past month any hyper links that I put in (web clippings, fwd emails have not been working on my iOS apps.  Both Iphone & iPad.  Either the keyboard pops up (links not being recognized) or the link takes me to a blank screen (that just hangs) in Evernote and the only way I can get back to Evernote is by exiting out of the app - closing it out & starting it up again.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Barbarian said:

I'm struggling to understand why I can't click hyperlink emails in evernote and automatically get an email come up?

Can anyone help

Can you give an example of your  hyperlink

This works for me   message://%3caBYoyddLTISS2Y7iEaryXg@ismtpd0019p1sin1.sendgrid.net%3e

Archived