Please help my mother

Hello my name is Jerry and I am speaking on my mothers account.

my 79 year old mother has begun learning how to use a smart phone for the last years and loves Evernote. She spends countless nights thinking of what to write in her app. 

For months she spent time writing down memories and eventually writing a bio of my grandfather who I never had the chance to meet. After months of work, she was so proud of the story she wrote and wanted to share her completed work. She eventually wrote multiple stories of him.

In the process of attempting to share it with us last night, the file was lost. I'm not sure if it the file had become corrupted or if she might have deleted it but I cannot bear to see my mom so depressed. 

I have checked the trash and see nothing there. Please help!

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Jerry

• Level 5*

Hi.  There are several possibilities,  but you really need to get some help from Evernote.  Contact support from a desktop,  or go to Settings and scroll down on the phone and send a bug report.  When you have a ticket number,  please post it back here so an Evernote Employee can connect the dots.  This is a public forum,  so don't post any personal information here.

Meantime on a desktop and via a web browser,  log into your mother's account at Evernote.com and see whether you can find the notes there.  The 'phone should automatically have saved a 'backup' of notes to Evernote's servers.

There is a (premium) feature called Note History which saves previous versions of the note on the server,  so that might be something you'll need to look at - but if a note has been completely deleted it takes the note history with it.  If the note is deleted though,  it should be saved in the Trash notebook.

Please let us know how you get on.

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, Nancycfrancisco39 said:

I GOT IT!! sorry for the cap locks but im so excited. I upgraded to premium and was still able to retrieve the old edits. looks like she just deleted the text trying to copy and paste it.

Glad it worked out.  
It happens to us all - I've recovered from Note History many times

Just a comment on using a phone for EN composition.
It seems very painful - If at all possible, I'd look into upgrading to a tablet.

4 hours ago, Nancycfrancisco39 said:

I GOT IT!! sorry for the cap locks but im so excited. I upgraded to premium and was still able to retrieve the old edits. looks like she just deleted the text trying to copy and paste it.

Thank you Gazumped and Haas in support

This made my heart smile. I love to hear about when technology allows an older generation to document and share fond memories. So glad that you were able to recover the note for your mother.

Archived