Take a screenshot WITHIN a note and add it to the note

Leu

Idea

Hello there

I am missing a feature to take a screenshot within a note and add it to the position of the cursor or the end of the note.
This button or whatever should be on the editing toolbar of the note.
I am thinking it should go something like this (step by step).

1. Click "take screenshot" button on the editing toolbar
  2. Note minimizes
  3. Crosshair for screenshot taking appears (similar to when you make a "new screenshot note")
  4. Select area to take screenshot of
  5. Screenshot is added to the position of the cursor or the end of the note
  6. Note maximizes again at the position of the new screenshot

The option to take a "new screenshot note" is for me mostly not very useful, because it creates a new note every time and i mostly want to combine several screenshots into one note.

Image [2].pngImage.png

Please consider adding something like this.

Thanks and best regards,
Leu

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I think you can accomplish this if you use the Capture screen shortcut key (Tools - Options - Shortcut keys). 

1. Use the shortcut key
  2. When you release the mouse for the screenshot hold the Ctrl key.  That will put the screenshot on the clipboard. 
  3. Position in your note and hit Ctrl-V to paste the screenshot.

• Level 5*
On 2016-08-31 at 9:25 AM, Leu said:

I am missing a feature to take a screenshot within a note and add it to the position of the cursor or the end of the note.

I currently make use of the built in screen shot features on my Mac, and Evernote Helper
The image doesn't automatically get posted into the note, but is available for insertion

On 7.10.2016 at 6:00 PM, csihilling said:

I think you can accomplish this if you use the Capture screen shortcut key (Tools - Options - Shortcut keys). 

1. Use the shortcut key
  2. When you release the mouse for the screenshot hold the Ctrl key.  That will put the screenshot on the clipboard. 
  3. Position in your note and hit Ctrl-V to paste the screenshot.

Thanks for that info, I tested this and it works as you say, but these are in my opinion way too many steps, therefore I still really wish for that feature.

On 7.10.2016 at 6:18 PM, DTLow said:

I currently make use of the built in screen shot features on my Mac, and Evernote Helper
The image doesn't automatically get posted into the note, but is available for insertion

As far as I know there is no equivalent feature like that for Windows, is there?
Anyway, I think this should be directly in the note toolbar.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Leu said:

Thanks for that info, I tested this and it works as you say, but these are in my opinion way too many steps, therefore I still really wish for that feature.

You are welcome.  Maybe EN will add the functionality you want.

Archived