Update Forced Data move

I just updated my Evernote (windows) to 6.2.4.3244 (303244).  At the end of the install, it told me it was going to move my data files to C:\Users\myusername, and didn't give me an chance to opt out.  My Evernote database is over 2GB, and I had it stored in a location that had plenty of space.  C:\users\ is short on space on my machine, and I don't want the files there.  I had already specified an alternate location for my files, I know how to move them back.  But, why would your installer forceably override my choice like that.  I had to wait a long time for the files to move, now I have to wait a long time while I move them back.

• Level 5*

Kinda sounds like a bug; I was under the impression that if your Evernote database isn't in the default location, then it won't be moved. See the discussion in the Windows beta announcement, starting with this post: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/97709-new-for-evernote-621/?do=findComment&comment=420709. The base reason for moving the database from its default location is because it's not in a location that's deemed correct by Microsoft. Subsequent posts by Evernote employee @kvitekp shed more light about implementation. It sounds like yours was not in the default location, so that's why I think it's a bug.

Archived