Email Clipper Stop Extra Window from Popping Up (Outlook Email Clip popup) - Please Vote & Consider

HEH

Idea

PLEASE add the option to prevent the redundant popup window that appears after we have clipped an email. I posted a jpg showing the three steps that must currently be taken to clip an email - it should be shorter/easier and more customizable. For me, the purpose of the email clipper is to clip/save an email into a certain folder for quick and easy action/follow up/review at a later date. At present, there are three steps (which isn't exactly quick or streamlined):

1. Clip the "save to Evernote" button in the top toolbar (I'm using Outlook 2016/Office 365 on Windows 7 Pro for reference). - See Image/Step #1 in gif.
  2. Select/approve the notebook to save the clip to, with the option to add tags or remarks. - See image/Step #2 in gif. (THIS IS WHERE THE PROCESS SHOULD END.)
  3. Then we get a third/unwanted step when yet another window pops up. To close it, we have to pause our process/flow to close the window. Sounds nit picky, and it is, but I want the option to disable or skip this step altogether. - See image/Step #3 in gif.

Please see the attached gif if my request is not clear. 

Fellow users - PLEASE take a second to VOTE on this. The more votes it gets, the more likely they are to add this feature. Thanks! Evernote Outlook Popup.gif

7 replies to this idea

Totally agree with thread starter. Did this not happen before. There is an option to disable this in Evernote desktop for windows (tools/options/clipping/open clipped note in a new window), but that still doesn't work. Before it did. Please fix this!

On the surface, this does sound trivial - but for those of us who receive 100+ emails a day and just need to quickly triage them/get them into Evernote and out of our inboxes, the third step of having to close the new note is a massive inconvenience for quick processing.

Archived