(Archived) Search highlights and results

seasick

Idea

Searching this forum reveals this issue has been discussed previously. I want to renew this discussion. Using Mac version of EN.

1. Searching notes results in graying out everything except the found phrase. I hate this and feel others do also. Like most other applications, it would be much better if the found phrase was highlighted in yellow or some other color/method option.

The reasoning: I want to find a phone number by searching a name. Using search, the phone number is really dark behind that gray mask on my very bright Macbook Pro. The number is the part I want to read - Not the search phrase which is highlighted in white.

2. I want to click on the note - after the search - to get rid of the gray mask so I can read what is there. This works in text notes just fine. In pdf's or other images it doesn't work or so it seems. Requires some fiddling. To remove the mask I must return to the search field and delete the search phrase to remove the mask.

This is all very cumbersome and frustrating. Evernote does exactly what I want it to do - all day long - searching for the info I've saved in notes. But when I get to the found phrase I am terribly frustrated. Hope this will be changed.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Listening to the recent podcast it seems to me that they now have a lot more control of the note formatting and so changes like this should be a lot easier to do - if they want to do them...

Archived