Quotation Marks not searching phrases anymore

I am using Evernote 5.9.6.9494 (I blocked updates since I didn't like the new interface).

Today I noticed that using quotation marks to search phrases isn't working. It's ignoring the quotation mark. Even hard to search for tags that are multiple words. For example, I try to search tag:"human factors" and it says 'contain only words starting with factors tagged with "human'

What did I do to cause my quotation marks to get deactivated? Please help as this is a critical search features I use.

• Level 5*

Can't help you with old versions. The new version handles a search of tag:"human factors"  correctly. Are you sure you're using double quotes (") rather than single quotes(')?

Unfortunately apps may start presenting unusual behavior or even stop working if they're not kept up date as their server-side counterparts are updated.

That being said, here are two things you could try:

1. Use "\" to escape the spaces in the quoted search phrase:

tag:"human\ factors"

2. Replace the spaces in the quoted search phrase with "+" symbols:

tag:"human+factors"

Both of these methods result in valid search results in my up-to-date copy of Evernote for iOS, and it's possible that Evernote for Windows may recognize the terms correctly as well. 

Let me know if either of these work for you!

On 8/29/2016 at 3:43 PM, Willem Van Zyl said:

Unfortunately apps may start presenting unusual behavior or even stop working if they're not kept up date as their server-side counterparts are updated.

That being said, here are two things you could try:

1. Use "\" to escape the spaces in the quoted search phrase:

tag:"human\ factors"

2. Replace the spaces in the quoted search phrase with "+" symbols:

tag:"human+factors"

Both of these methods result in valid search results in my up-to-date copy of Evernote for iOS, and it's possible that Evernote for Windows may recognize the terms correctly as well. 

Let me know if either of these work for you!

I did not know about using + and \. So when I try that with the tag:" " it doesn't work. Though without that, if I just type human+factors, it does find that phrase. Just not within a tag. So at least I learned a new way to search a phrase without quotes! Just not search a tag without quotes.

Archived