Recurring Reminders

antpugh

Idea

• Level 5*

For the longest time I gnashed my teeth over the lack of recurring reminders and even used Todoist for quite a while.  I did not like having my todos separate from Evernote so came back and gave reminders another try.  For my use, I do not need to record the completed date of a recurring reminder so when I complete a reminder I just reset the date for the next time it is due.  To help me remember this is a recurring reminder I put a note in the body like "repeats weekly" or "repeats monthly" and with the new tag color coding I have a recurring tag set to green so I have a color reminder as well.  I also have an urgent tag set to red that I add to important reminders.  I have saved searches for Work Today, Work Tomorrow and Work Next Week that will give me those views and the color coding helps to quickly locate the urgent ones and those that repeat.  With these changes, reminders are now working very well for my use.  I no longer miss the lack of a recurring function.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

@s2sailor

Pretty much the same here.  I have a tag !Recur to group the recurring reminders, and do reset the date after each use.  Ditto on the saved searches with Today and Late in the shortcuts bar, the rest as hot keys.  No color coding though, may give that a go.  In addition, I use FUT as a backup trigger just to be sure, belts and suspenders so to speak.  And I do like all my stuff in one place, which all of this enables..

• Level 5*

FollowUpThen, it is a free or subscription service.  They use the email address you send to to create the reminder, many variations.  For example 11amJun10@followupthen.com will send you a reminder at that time, or send to every1st8am@followupthen.com will set up a recurring reminder for the first of every month at 8 am.  Put what you like in the subject line to identify the task.  I also paste the note link into the body.  When the email arrives I just click the link and am in the note.  FWIW.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Thorisho said:

Please address this issue. The absence of setting up recurring reminders is a disappointment.

Why has this feature not been added?!

Moved to a feedback forum to be better addressed as a feature request.
Please indicate your support for this feature using the voting buttons in the upper left cornerScreen Shot 2016-06-22 at 8.36.09 AM.png

• Level 5*
On May 13, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Pavel Chernykh said:

It would be great to have recurring/repeatable reminders feature in the Evernote

As a Mac user, I usually turn to AppleScript to add features I need in Evernote.

My recurring reminders project is  docuumented here -Project: Applescript - Evernote Reminders

My approach is to

• tag notes as recurring (.Recur_Daily etc)
  • use my custom script to indication reminder completion
    this performs the following functions
    • append reminder/completion date to the note text
    • for recurring reminders - Reset Reminder Date

Having used and still using Palm's software for decades, I rely heavily on the ability to set alarms to repeat for the same dates on a monthly basis. These are quite useful in billings ... that recur same date, month after month.

Adding this flexibility to Evernote would prove a major improvement, and is undoubtedly not that difficult given Palm has had that feature for decades! I cannot find a calendar option or app for Evernote Premium that does so? True, you can set an alarm for a note - one time.

Palm, still heavily used by millions, with linkage/sync supported by CompanionLink make that software my go to for anything related to scheduling. I have referred your software to others, with several making the same remark when demonstrated.

Why not with Evernote?? It would be my primary is so.

• Like 1

Thanks Matt. Piling on more apps/software to accomplish such viable tool seems unnecessary? One would think EverNote could accomplish a repeat function given the current alarm already functions off a calendar? I do not need another calendar; however, the lack of the function reduces the appeal & functionality of EverNote when forced to move between programs.

FYI - Cronofy does not work with Palm and Palm is my preferred primary: better performance & security.

Your "notifications" are lacking.

@thepond,

I understand where you are coming from on this on the reminders in Evernote and this is something we are looking into improving. Cronofy is designed as a go-between application that connects existing calendars and is not designed to make you have to use "another application" to accomplish a task. You enable it and it is something you don't have to mess with.

This is more or less a solution while we continue to improve Evernote.

• Level 5*
33 minutes ago, Matt W. said:

I understand where you are coming from on this on the reminders in Evernote and this is something we are looking into improving

Please consider having the time to be optional on a per note basis.  I tend to use reminders for date only sensitive tasks.  I use a calendar for time and date dependent tasks.  It would be useful (well, at least for me) if I could deselect the time on a note reminder.  I realize the time is used for notification so for those notes where the time is deselected a user defined default notification time could be used.  As it is now, since I only use reminders for date sensitive events, I will, as an example, get a notification at 2:42 PM that a status report is due and the time is meaningless, it just happens to be when I entered the note and set the reminder.

Thanks Matt. I do enjoy the software and would/will use it more extensively as you improve your notifications functions apart from interfacing through other providers. In my instance, there is no viable workaround, leaving me with notes in two unrelated programs, EverNote being the secondary because of this issue.
 The "repeat" function is invaluable to my operations.

This would be a great feature to have and I hope it is coming.  There are ways around this - resetting the date every time obviously - but that is a hassle that usually causes one to forget about the whole thing.  If one could set an automatic reminder, say, every week, for a particular note, that would be most handy.

So what is the best way to let the Evernote people know this would be a good addition?  Do they read the forums?  I have no idea.

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, Robin Fairchild said:

This would be a great feature to have and I hope it is coming.  There are ways around this - resetting the date every time obviously - but that is a hassle that usually causes one to forget about the whole thing.  If one could set an automatic reminder, say, every week, for a particular note, that would be most handy.

So what is the best way to let the Evernote people know this would be a good addition?  Do they read the forums?  I have no idea.

I understand they read posts, and also look at the user votes for requests Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 1.48.06 PM.png
(voting arrows at the upper left corner of the discussion)

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
5 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I understand they read posts, and also look at the user votes for requests Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 1.48.06 PM.png
(voting arrows at the upper left corner of the discussion)

3 minutes ago, Robin Fairchild said:

So where does one go to vote affirmatively for this notion?  I would definitely do it.

You scroll to the upper left corner of the discussion and click on the up arrow 

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Robin Fairchild said:

So where does one go to vote affirmatively for this notion?  I would definitely do it.

There are several threads out there for this same request.  You can vote up any or all of them if you want, but this one seems to have the most votes at the momemt

The current reminder implementation is - well - spartanic. being an almost fanatic evernote user this continues to be a thorn in my side, so here are two feature requests on reminders:

- recurring reminders: as plenty of people have stated before, this is way overdue. weekly, monthly, yearly, other intervals, you name it. this would be truly important for my workflow and as it seems not just mine.

- option to send calendar entries per email to your default email address, when setting up a reminder. the lack of a native evernote connection, any connection, between my evernote reminders and my calendar is closing in on obscure.

to my limited knowledge both these features should be fairly easy to implement or even integrate. would very much appreciate them finally showing up...

thanks & best regards,

Lorenz

• Level 5*

Hi.  This has been mentioned (and ranted about) before - and I think there's already a feature request too..  but it's a fair suggestion.  I do think anyone using Evernote for regular tasks uses one of the many,  many standalone apps to manage reminders..

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 10/4/2016 at 4:30 PM, dbarak said:

Just a quick, small feature request. I'd like to have the ability to set up recurring reminders. I use Google Calendar for actual appointments, but I'd like to be reminded to read specific Evernote notes on a daily basis. I've got them listed in my shortcuts area, but there are other items there too, which complicate the daily review thing a bit.

Dave

To date EN has not shown any inclination to implement recurring reminders, which have been requested quite a few times.  Searching the forum will find the different workarounds that have been used.  I up voted in any case.

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, dbarak said:

This kind of thing, regardless of the company (and Evernote isn't the only one I've seen do this), has always baffled me. I can understand a company might not implement a frequently-requested feature, but it would seem to make sense that the same company would at least explain the reasoning behind it. Transparency in customer relations is the "new black."

Would it make you happier if Evernote responded -  "they've taken note of your request and will give it consideration in future updates"
Personally, I accept that there are limited resources and work is focused on the highest priority items
I also appreciate that Evernote provides this forum to list requests and users can vote

• Level 5*
Just now, dbarak said:

"To date EN has not shown any inclination to implement recurring reminders, which have been requested quite a few times."

This kind of thing, regardless of the company (and Evernote isn't the only one I've seen do this), has always baffled me. I can understand a company might not implement a frequently-requested feature, but it would seem to make sense that the same company would at least explain the reasoning behind it. Transparency in customer relations is the "new black."

Yeah, neither reasoning nor priorities are shared either, not sure it is a transparency thing though.  EN just keeps its development schedule close to the vest. 

And I'm sure all EN users have their own view of what is most important from an enhancement basis.  I have a pretty simple workaround for recurring reminders that works for me so I'd rather see things like Boolean search, selective sync, more of a WYSIWYG editor.... 

Though it would be nice to have a bit of a road map and the reasoning as to why whatever is on the top of the stack.

32 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Would it make you happier if Evernote responded -  "they've taken note of your request and will give it consideration in future updates"
Personally, I accept that there are limited resources and work is focused on the highest priority items
I also appreciate that Evernote provides this forum to list requests and users can vote

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm in your post? Whatever.

Anyway, I wasn't really expecting a reply from Evernote, but another poster here said that this feature has been requested several times, and it's that that made me question the policy of silence.

33 minutes ago, csihilling said:

Yeah, neither reasoning nor priorities are shared either, not sure it is a transparency thing though.  EN just keeps its development schedule close to the vest. 

And I'm sure all EN users have their own view of what is most important from an enhancement basis.  I have a pretty simple workaround for recurring reminders that works for me so I'd rather see things like Boolean search, selective sync, more of a WYSIWYG editor.... 

Though it would be nice to have a bit of a road map and the reasoning as to why whatever is on the top of the stack.

That could be. This isn't a big deal feature request for me, just something tossed out there. I'm a pretty basic Evernote user - I take note, clip things from the web, and that's pretty much it. I know there are a lot of things that can be done that I haven't begun to explore.

• Level 5*
On 2016-10-07 at 08:50, dbarak said:

Do I detect a bit of sarcasm in your post? Whatever.

Maybe a little.

But it's also a serious comment on Evernote.  They are not known for being great on the PR side for user complaints, suggestions or discussing future planning.  I've come to accept the silence and just carry on.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, Roman Luks said:

I would like to have option to set reminder to repeat every day (maybe also week, month). Manually setting reminder each day for the next is cumbersome.

Until/if EN adds the functionality, you can use something followupthen to send you an email every day reminding you to do whatever.  Once you sign up, they have a free service, the email pictured below does the trick.  You can put a link to a note in the body of the email and then click it to go to the note in question if you like (my use case).  FWIW.

ScreenClip.png

• Like 1

I'm hoping to be able to input my monthly and some annual bill into my Evernote, and then set recurring reminders.

I would like Evernote to send me reminders a day or a week before my bills are due, so I can ready myself to pay
them.

Can this be done with Evernote currently?

I already use the Evernote reminder tool, however to be best of my knowledge, it can't be used to set recurring reminders.

Any feedback, support or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Warm rgds,

Donald

On 12/16/2016 at 3:15 AM, Donald23 said:

I'm hoping to be able to input my monthly and some annual bill into my Evernote, and then set recurring reminders.

I would like Evernote to send me reminders a day or a week before my bills are due, so I can ready myself to pay
them.

I already use the Evernote reminder tool, however to be best of my knowledge, it can't be used to set recurring reminders.

Any feedback, support or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Warm rgds,

Donald

Would you consider using a backend tool like IFTTT or Zapier with Evernote to accomplish what you want? I think it could be done. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 2016-12-16 at 2:15 AM, Donald23 said:

Any feedback, support or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

If you really want to use Evernote for recurring reminders, I would use a script tool to
1. Mark the reminder as done
2. If recurring - reset the reminder date to the next occurence 
On my Mac, I could do this using Applescript

Also, I don't rely on the Reminder email.  
I use a saved search to show open reminders

• Level 5*
On 12/16/2016 at 5:15 AM, Donald23 said:

them.

Yes, though it is somewhat manual.  What I do is create a note with a title like "Gas Bill due on the 20th" and then if I want to be reminded a week earlier I will set a reminder on this note for the 13th.  When I pay the bill, instead of marking the reminder done, I just reset the due date for the next month.  I create a separate note for each bill and I find it works quite well.  To help remind me that it is a recurring bill (this one is pretty obvious, but some aren't) I tag it with Recurring and set the tag to a color to give me a visual reminder.  If you then create a saved search on the tag Recurring it will give you a list of all your recurring bills.

• Like 2

I looked at this years ago and its a bit of a faff and you'll either use multiple apps or do it manually.

I split tasks and notes so use Todoist for tasks and EN for notes.

Nobody has come up with a system that really nails tasks & notes in one app yet..... would be nice :)

• Like 1

My work around for this is to set-up a Google calendar dedicated to recurring bills and other finance-related dates (like taxes, insurance open enrollment, etc.). It displays beautifully on my phone (iPhone and Android). I experimented with saving (printing) the Agenda-style calendar as a Google Drive file and connecting it to Evernote and adding a never-ending Evernote reminder. I also tried saving the calendar as a .pdf and bringing it into Evernote, again with a never-ending EN reminder. This approach has the benefits of being accessible while offline and being able to see the details without having to open from Google Drive. Both approaches that I tested work, both are kind of clunky and neither has much value added over the calendar without EN involvement. In the end, that's my bill reminder system.

Good luck in your quest!

-julia

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
On 2016-12-23 at 9:41 AM, Jon/t said:

I looked at this years ago and its a bit of a faff and you'll either use multiple apps or do it manually.
Nobody has come up with a system that really nails tasks & notes in one app yet..... would be nice :)

In my case (Mac and AppleScript) I'm using Evernote and it's commands.
The actual statement is of the form   tell application "Evernote" to set reminder time of theNote to date theReminderDate
The Evernote application does all the heavy lifting

• Like 1
On 23/12/2016 at 2:48 AM, eafpres said:

Would you consider using a backend tool like IFTTT or Zapier with Evernote to accomplish what you want? I think it could be done. 

Thank you so much for this recommendation, I'm currently looking at some of the options that could help me achieve this using IFTTT/Evernote.

This definitely seems like a brilliant option, Thanks again chief!!

On 23/12/2016 at 3:08 AM, DTLow said:

If you really want to use Evernote for recurring reminders, I would use a script tool to
1. Mark the reminder as done
2. If recurring - reset the reminder date to the next occurence 
On my Mac, I could do this using Applescript

Also, I don't rely on the Reminder email.  
I use a saved search to show open reminders

Thanks for your recommendation.
I really appreciate you investing the time to reach out and assist me.
I wish you a very Happy new year mate!!

On 23/12/2016 at 3:52 AM, s2sailor said:

Yes, though it is somewhat manual.  What I do is create a note with a title like "Gas Bill due on the 20th" and then if I want to be reminded a week earlier I will set a reminder on this note for the 13th.  When I pay the bill, instead of marking the reminder done, I just reset the due date for the next month.  I create a separate note for each bill and I find it works quite well.  To help remind me that it is a recurring bill (this one is pretty obvious, but some aren't) I tag it with Recurring and set the tag to a color to give me a visual reminder.  If you then create a saved search on the tag Recurring it will give you a list of all your recurring bills.

Hey, thanks so much for reaching out to support, I really appreciate your kindness.
Actually, this is what I'm currently doing, and I'd like to automate or simplify it further, if possible.

Anyways, I got a recommendation to check out IFTTT to EN, so I'm looking into that now.

Thanks so much once again, and have a very Happy New Year!

On 23/12/2016 at 5:41 PM, Jon/t said:

Nobody has come up with a system that really nails tasks & notes in one app yet..... would be nice :)

I'm hoping to keep EN as my main tool, in order to simplify my life.
I'm considering the IFTTT recommendation I got above. I'll try it and see how it goes.

It intrigues me, because it seems like a set it and forget it solution.

17 hours ago, larkin2sf said:

My work around for this is to set-up a Google calendar dedicated to recurring bills and other finance-related dates (like taxes, insurance open enrollment, etc.). It displays beautifully on my phone (iPhone and Android). I experimented with saving (printing) the Agenda-style calendar as a Google Drive file and connecting it to Evernote and adding a never-ending Evernote reminder. I also tried saving the calendar as a .pdf and bringing it into Evernote, again with a never-ending EN reminder. This approach has the benefits of being accessible while offline and being able to see the details without having to open from Google Drive. Both approaches that I tested work, both are kind of clunky and neither has much value added over the calendar without EN involvement. In the end, that's my bill reminder system.

Good luck in your quest!

-julia

Thanks for reaching out with your helpful recommendation Julia, its much appreciated.
Your recommendation seems effective, however a little more complicated than I'd prefer.
Thanks anyways, and I wish you a very Happy New Year 2017. All the best!!

12 hours ago, DTLow said:

In my case (Mac and AppleScript) I'm using Evernote and it's commands.
The actual statement is of the form   tell application "Evernote" to set reminder time of theNote to date theReminderDate
The Evernote application does all the heavy lifting

Thanks once again mate, actually I use Windows, so I guess Applescript would be out of the question for me. :)
I'm checking out IFTTT to EN, and think that might just work...
Cheers mate!

3 hours ago, Donald23 said:

Thanks once again mate, actually I use Windows, so I guess Applescript would be out of the question for me. :)
I'm checking out IFTTT to EN, and think that might just work...
Cheers mate!

Hi Donald--just FYI Zapier is more powerful but more limited in the free version.  Zapier has the ability to modify the subject line in emails as well as perform some functions in Evernote directly.  If you can't get it to work with IFTTT  you might want to take a look.  I started on it with Zapier but have not had the time to get it to work yet.  If you do get it to work with IFTTT I'd love to get the recipe!

• Level 5*

@Donald23

Another workaround is to use a tool called FollowUpThen which lets you send send yourself different types of reminders.  You can create a recurring reminder for whatever and  paste a link to a relevant note into that FollowUpThen reminder if need be.  Then each month, or whatever period, you will receive an email containing a link you can click to go to the note.  Downside is still two apps to manage the tasks, with FUT being the interrupter.  Below is an example of creating a recurring reminder for a gas bill.  FWIW.

ScreenClip.png

New to evernote, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, if so i wasn't using the right search terms. 

What I am trying to do is create a standard set of reminders that trigger of of an entered date, kind of like a checklist, that will pop up on the device, i.e. I set a date of 1 Feb.  2 weeks prior you need to do this.  1 week prior you need to do this, 2 days prior you need to do this.  The reminders will always be the same, only the date will change.  If evernote won't do this, any ideas for the the best app to do it?  Thanks in advance, sorry again if it's been covered 100 times elsewhere. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, hawkdrver said:

New to evernote, sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, if so i wasn't using the right search terms. 

What I am trying to do is create a standard set of reminders that trigger of of an entered date, kind of like a checklist, that will pop up on the device, i.e. I set a date of 1 Feb.  2 weeks prior you need to do this.  1 week prior you need to do this, 2 days prior you need to do this.  The reminders will always be the same, only the date will change.  If evernote won't do this, any ideas for the the best app to do it?  Thanks in advance, sorry again if it's been covered 100 times elsewhere. 

Currently, Evernote offers a simple reminder date; no advance notice, no recurring reminders.

My solution would be to use tags to specify recurring reminder and notification options.  
I'm using the Mac platform where Evernote offers extensive scripting. 
I would use scripting to set the reminder and options and notifications

Another option is to use Cronofy Calendar Connector to sync reminders to your calendar app.  You could then go into your calendar app entry to set your options

I don't see Evernote as the tool for reminder notifications.  
For me, I start with an Evernote Note, but the notification is better handled by the calendar app

• Level 5

I use Cronofy, but that will only sync the one-and-only Evernote reminder to your online calendar. At present, Evernote isn't really set up to do what you want to do, @hawkdrver. It might be best to try using Google Calendar, or Outlook, or whatever your usual calendar is, to set up the reminders. Then what you can do is copy the note's link (Note menu, then Copy Note Link) and paste this into the comment or note section of a calendar item. Clicking that should open the relevant note in Evernote. (In Windows, if you hold down Ctrl while clicking Copy Note Link, you'll get a link that will go directly to the Evernote program, without opening the Evernote Website first.) That way you do get a reminder, which you can specify for repeats, etc., that leads you to the Evernote note.

• Level 5*

With EN today you would have to create a note for each of the reminders you want, but even then you won't get an interrupt other than a daily email from EN re reminders for the day.  There is another email tool, FollowUpThen, with which you can set up email reminders to yourself.  Per @gazumped you would have to snooze them or create a reminder for each of the dates you want.  The snooze options are shown below.

ScreenClip.png

+1 (i would vote multiple if allowed) 

This is one feature which would help me & many others to keep switching between apps. And as I understand - most integrations are not removing the straight-forward approach to basic functions of reminding.

Recurring reminders are such a basic yet vital requirement in organisational software. Google Keep, Outlook Tasks, iOS Reminders etc all have these functions.

For me the whole point of moving to Evernote is to simplify my life and organisational software. There are some tasks that i need to recur and sadly, for now, Evernote isn't able to fulfill this need.

Over the years, I've seen this feature request come up dozens of times and I can't believe that Evernote staff themselves haven't wanted it for themselves.

• Like 1

It's worse: in 2013 the then CEO of Evernote announced that "recurring reminders, a highly requested addition to its recently launched to-do list, is on the way." (http://blog.sfgate.com/techchron/2013/09/25/evernote-ceo-more-ios7-updates-fitness-features-recurring-reminders-on-the-way/)

Unfortunately this never happend, and in the meantime there is a new CEO.

Then again, instead of crossing a reminder off, I just change the date to the next occurrence. Not a big deal

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Steven Eff said:

I've started using an IFTTT applet that allows you to create recurring items

I'd be interested in the details
I don't think this will be a feature in Evernote and we must look at alternatives

46 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'd be interested in the details
I don't think this will be a feature in Evernote and we must look at alternatives

Here is the Applet I found earlier. Once you create a recurring reminder for one task, open it to configure is and at the bottom you'll see the option to 'start' creating your own version. This allows you to start making another recurring reminder. Rinse and repeat as required.

https://ifttt.com/applets/131277p-create-recurring-reminders-in-evernote

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Steven Eff said:

Here is the Applet I found earlier

Thanks; turns out that was more of  a Create New Note on Recurring basis

I don't mind taking the Recurring part outside of Evernote; I would include a link back to a single note in Evernote 

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, jczelust said:

It works pretty well, and who knows, it may work better than Evernote's eventual solution. 

You started off with the Reminders request, and then finished with Task Management
I suggest you summit a new request post for your task management request

>>But if Nimbus can create repeat reminders, why can't Evernote?

I'm convinced that the developers could implement this feature; they're smart people

I see it a question of:

• Is this request more important than other work?
    Where should limited development work be directed

I absolutely LOVE Evernote but for this missing feature. Recurring reminders are desperately needed to make Evernote probably the best productivity tool around. I cannot understand why Evernote has been and continues to be so stubborn in wanting users to create easy and effective task lists and associated reminders within the product. PLEASE PLEASE somebody listen to us all.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, Nicolo said:

PLEASE PLEASE somebody listen to us all.

Anyone supporting this feature request, please indicate using the voting buttons at the top left corner of the discussion.

The vote count is currently 599ec57adb003_ScreenShot2017-08-24at05_23_26.png.ca4d7ee3f8abccda33e56f1ddb6f9858.png

• Like 1

Hey guys,

we have the solution for your problem. It is possible to create recurring reminders in every cycle you want for your Evernote, but not in Evernote.  

Who are we and how could we help? 
We are Filterize! An automation service for Evernote. And one out of our automations for Evernote is a workflow, that allows you to create recurring reminders for your notes. 
Have look here.

You will need an Filterize account to use it, but there is a 30 day's premium trial and a free Basic account, in which you can have 3 filters. 
You have any questions? Feel free to contact us! 

With us, you can automate your Evernote in many different ways. Save time and keep your Evernote 'tidy'.

• Level 5*
On 8/4/2017 at 1:34 PM, Marcio Mendonca said:

+1 vote

If you just want to upvote this without adding other discussion, then you should use the topic's voting button (the black triangle) at the top left of the page.

很难相信eTube还没有重复提醒?这么简单的功能!不要和我谈论第三方应用程序,他们经常突然关闭服务并停止开发...另外,从用户体验和易用性来看,没有必要下载额外的APP来实现简单的功能。

• Level 5*
55 minutes ago, Ricky Wu said:

很难相信eTube还没有重复提醒?这么简单的功能!不要和我谈论第三方应用程序,他们经常突然关闭服务并停止开发...另外,从用户体验和易用性来看,没有必要下载额外的APP来实现简单的功能。

This is cool - I'm on the mailing list for this discussion and I received a translated version of the post

Is it hard to believe that evernote has yet to repeat a reminder? Such a simple function! Don't talk to me about third-party apps, they often suddenly shut down services and stop developing... In addition, from user experience and ease of use, it is not necessary to download the extra APP for a simple function.

You're welcome to indicate your support for this feature request.  Voting buttons are in the top left corner of the discussion

Personally, I don't find it "hard to believe".  Evernote implemented a simple reminder feature for notes.  Beyond this, they have not indicated an interest in expanding the reminder feature

17 hours ago, DTLow said:

This is cool - I'm on the mailing list for this discussion and I received a translated version of the post

Is it hard to believe that evernote has yet to repeat a reminder? Such a simple function! Don't talk to me about third-party apps, they often suddenly shut down services and stop developing... In addition, from user experience and ease of use, it is not necessary to download the extra APP for a simple function.

You're welcome to indicate your support for this feature request.  Voting buttons are in the top left corner of the discussion

Personally, I don't find it "hard to believe".  Evernote implemented a simple reminder feature for notes.  Beyond this, they have not indicated an interest in expanding the reminder feature

As a multibusiness owner expanding the reminder feature would DEFINITELY be an asset!!

18 hours ago, DTLow said:

:lol:chrome automatically translated~~~

In fact, is Evernote interested?It doesn't matter to me anymore,Although I've been using Evernote since 2010.
There are many applications that can replace Evernote, and the functionality and customer response are better met,
Evernote is so ignorant of the response to the customer, why should I insist on using it?

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Ricky Wu said:

There are many applications that can replace Evernote

So far I’ve not seen any applications with the features I value in Evernote.

If I needed recurring reminders on my notes, I would script the function on my Mac, or use a third party product like Filterize

1 minute ago, DTLow said:

到目前为止,我还没有看到任何使用Evernote的功能的应用程序。

OneNote is now more like the Evernote of the 2010, and Evernote is the opposite!
I used OneNote since 2007 to switch to Evernote,
Not only did OneNote not have many platforms,
Even if you want to communicate with developers is almost impossible;
Look at today's OneNote, whether it is multi-platform synchronization speed, ease of use, customer responsiveness is much stronger than Evernote!
In addition, like wiznote, note. Youdao. com these functions are not as weak as Evernote!
There are also privacy security, there are many private cloud can be rented, use open source program to build note application!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ricky Wu said:

OneNote is now...

I prefer the Tags feature in Evernote, and the easy export of my data

Whatever works for you, you should go for it.  I don’t undersrtand why you’re posting messages like this in the Reminders discussion

If you support the request for recurring reminders, please add your vote using the buttons at top left corner of the discussion.

22 hours ago, DTLow said:

I prefer the Tags feature in Evernote, and the easy export of my data

Whatever works for you, you should go for it.  I don’t undersrtand why you’re posting messages like this in the Reminders discussion

If you support the request for recurring reminders, please add your vote using the buttons at top left corner of the discussion.

Voted already!
Although tag functionality is no longer unique to evernote,But we no longer discuss the difference between Evernote and other similar applications,
In terms of Evernote itself, ease of use and experience:
Using tags, this visual reminder is no substitute for the audible reminder of a reminder ringtone,A very simple reason,
If you can open the Evernote in time, check the labels and notes,Do you still need to record with Evernote?
- the brain should be used to remember the information itself, not to remember the tools!

As for the importance of repeating reminders, I should say nothing more!

The criticism of Evernote comes from my love for him!

• Haha 1
On 3/18/2017 at 5:25 PM, dyuhas said:

That one link encapsulates Evernote. lol Like that other thread where one developer said we are working on new things, tell us what you want, we tell them, and communication stops. Later we find out the guy was fired and no one ever bothered to continue.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Krunoslav said:

Later we find out the guy was fired

Who got fired?

The news I read said

Phil Libin will step down as Evernote CEO and be replaced by former Google exec Chris O'Neill, Recode reported on Monday. Libin will remain as executive chairman.

And Libin was stepping down because he wasn't 'passionate about it'.

6 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Who got fired?

The news I read said

Phil Libin will step down as Evernote CEO and be replaced by former Google exec Chris O'Neill, Recode reported on Monday. Libin will remain as executive chairman.

No, I didn't mean Phil. But some guy who showed up in forums. some evernote developer, this was while Phil was still CEO. Anyway this guy was more open than anyone before on forums about what they will do and asking us what we the users wanted, but I was skeptical so I commented on it. He assured me they will do their best, they changed. After we started to go back and forth the trust was building, than all of a sudden, he is gone. Quite a bit later someone in the thread I think mentioned the guy does not work in Evernote anymore. And he also promised some new big changes, I guess that went right out the window along with him, sort of speak.

• Level 5*

Hi.  It is possible (kinda) to set up recurring reminders using Evernote initially - create an Evernote task and get Cronofy to convert it to a Google Calendar entry...  then set the GCal entry up for recurring reminders...  you can link back to the original note for details.