Exasperating Evernote for PC

The desktop/PC version of Evernote is incredibly exasperating.  Despite many re-installations to try to fix it, Evernote for the PC is constantly stalling/freeezing on my Windows 10 desktop PC.. It might as well be renamed "Not Responding".  This is a mystery to me, since no other software that I use on my PC behaves so badly. Furthering the mystery is the relative responsiveness of Evernote when called up through a browser (NOT Firefox, where an intervening script constantly slows it down enormously), although its functionality is limited relative to what is supposed to be available on the desktop version (handling many notes at a time, multi wndows, etc.).

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?  Evernote technical support is not helpful.  They keep plying the same old irrelevant solution -- reinstalling Evernote, moving the database, etc.

• Level 5*

Hi.  I hope you've tried the 'irrelevant solutions' before dismissing them.  My Win10 installation works fine via the desktop version and Firefox which suggests that a reinstall or a database refresh might be the answer to your issues...

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, CharlesEd said:

The desktop/PC version of Evernote is incredibly exasperating. 

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? 

Not experiencing the problem here.  What has helped some is to rebuild the search index.  You can do this by holding the Ctrl key while pressing Help in the menu bar and then selecting Recreate Full Text Search Index.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CharlesEd said:

Thanks for your comments.

I have re-installed PC Evernote and Database several times to no avail.

You are welcome.  Give the index rebuild a try if you like.  Depending upon data base size it doesn't take that long.

Archived