How to print the body of a note without printing the note title

mypointofview

Idea

Is it possible to print a note without the note title? Sometimes I have titles that are only for organizational purposes (to find the note in a list of notes) and the title includes date stamps and other characters which are only relevant in the bigger picture.

I'm running El Capitan and I would like to be able to print only the body of such note. How do I do this – is it even possible? 

Thanks in advance.

–Martin

16 replies to this idea

7 hours ago, mypointofview said:

Check the box "Print Headers" when you're in the printing dialog (see screenshot in DTLow's post of August 25 further up). This is a dialog that's provided by the Mac, not Evernote.

This does not print the title. It prints the folder, tags, author, create date and modified date, but not title. Thank you for your assistance, but this is totally on Evernote, they need to modify their point script to allow for a choice whether to include the title or not. It did print the title in the past, but it appears based on feedback, they dropped that function. They should have made it an option as opposed to entirely one way or another, no compromise. Evernote please fix!

Just tried it on Evernote 7.1 – unchecking "Print Headers" will still print the note title. The goal is to print the note alone without the title in addition to hide the headers.

Reason: The title may be an internal title, something like PR X-894-N and not intended for sharing through a print or PDF. 

• Level 5*

There was a suggestion somewhere that printing to PDF will include a title - I assume it may change other things about the headings and page details too.  Anyone tried that?  -I appreciate it's not a valid workaround for many things,  but it is worth knowing...

This is not a good update 6.9. I use Evernote to make meeting notes and then send as pdf to the meeting attendants. It's really frustrating that the note title (or my meeting title) has now disappeared (even with "Print Headers" selected) since update 6.9. Bring it back Evernote. Asap.

In the meantime, I'm having to write the Note title in the body of the note and formatting the font so it looks like a title. Annoying. 

On 8/25/2016 at 1:08 PM, mypointofview said:

Thanks for the swift response, but the note title still prints. I had the box "Print Headers" unchecked. This is a bug IMO. See screenshots of note in Evernote and note in print dialog and try yourself. Is it just me?

Screenshot 2016-08-25 22.03.37.png

Screenshot 2016-08-25 22.03.28.png

How do I get the note title to print in 6.9? This makes no sense to make it one way or another. Make it an option in the preferences. Some people want titles to be printed and others do not. Please consider this option. 

• Level 5*
On August 25, 2016 at 1:08 PM, mypointofview said:

Thanks for the swift response, but the note title still prints. I had the box "Print Headers" unchecked. This is a bug IMO. See screenshots of note in Evernote and note in print dialog and try yourself. Is it just me?

My Note                                      Print to pdf with Headers            Print to pdf without Headers

Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 5.27.57 AM.png  Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 5.29.24 AM.png  Screen Shot 2016-09-09 at 5.27.24 AM.png

I also tried this with an image-only note -- same problem. I'm using Evernote Version 6.8 (453748 Direct). I examined the Evernote preferences and I could not find anything to be set for printing.

I also don't print so much but occasionally I like/need to hand out a PDF or print a recipe on paper for somebody who likes the info outside of a browser.

Can anybody confirm my issue?

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, mypointofview said:

I never do printing, but it's odd we're seeing different print screens.

Can I ask what version of EN you're using.  Mine is Version 6.9 Beta 2 (453896 Direct)

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, mypointofview said:

Is it possible to print a note without the note title? Sometimes I have titles that are only for organizational purposes (to find the note in a list of notes) and the title includes date stamps and other characters which are only relevant in the bigger picture.

I'm running El Capitan and I would like to be able to print only the body of such note. How do I do this – is it even possible? 

How about using the print headers checkbox

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 12.51.17 PM.png

Archived