unable to open Evernote app on MacPro laptop

Hello,

I have Evernote app on my iPad mini 4, iPhone 4s and MacbookPro.  I have no problems with the apps on my cellphone and iPad BUT on my MacbookPro laptop the Evernote app WILLNOT open. A multicolored circle just goes around and around. I cannot even put it in trash because it says it is running.

Customer support has been No help, it's like they don't even understand the question or the problem( if it isn't written in their manual of what to do if this problem happens.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, JanEllen said:

I have Evernote app on my iPad mini 4, iPhone 4s and MacbookPro.  I have no problems with the apps on my cellphone and iPad BUT on my MacbookPro laptop the Evernote app WILLNOT open. A multicolored circle just goes around and around. I cannot even put it in trash because it says it is running.

@JanEllen Edited:  I recommend you follow through with the support stuff.  They are more knowledgeable and have better resources than us users

I don't usually spend much time troubleshooting when things go wonky on my devices

My process is, Reboot

If that doesn't solve the problem, delete the app and the database

Reinstall the app and the database will be rebuilt from the servers (except for Local Notebooks and unsynced notes)

1 hour ago, JanEllen said:

Hello,

Customer support has been No help, it's like they don't even understand the question or the problem( if it isn't written in their manual of what to do if this problem happens.

Hi @JanEllen, I'm the one that took your ticket. I understand that you are having issues opening the application, however, in these cases we need the activity logs in order to diagnose the issue. It's unusual that you were unable to locate the logs in the database, depending on whether you downloaded the application from our website or the App Store, they will usually appear under one of these two file paths when selecting Finder > Go from the menu bar.

• ~/Library/Application Support/com.evernote.Evernote/logs/
  • ~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application

Since you mentioned you are unable to find the logs using either of those steps, we would need to obtain a visual reference of the exact behavior you are seeing on your end. I sent you some steps to send a screen recording using Quicktime (which is already installed on your Mac) of what happens when you try to open the application. When you get an opportunity, please use the steps in the ticket to send over a screen recording of the issue and I would be happy to send further steps once we have been able to diagnose the issue.

Archived