How to search Google Drive files attached in a note

I read somewhere in the Evernote help page that when I do a search, Evernote will also search Google Drive filenames of those files attached in notes in Evernote. I have not been able to get attached files to show up using their file names.

How do I search for Google Drive files in Evernote?

To find Google Drive files you've attached to notes, search for:

• Keywords in the Google Drive filename
  • Keywords inside the note the Google Drive file is attached to

1. Must I include some arguments in the search field for this to work?
  2. Will Evernote also search the content of the attached file or just the filename?
  3. Could you give me some tips on how to do proper searches? I saw the Evernote help article for advanced searches but (link) I want to know about keys which are not mentioned on that page such as using double quotes to get exact phrase search

I'm using Evernote for Mac - V 6.8 (Direct).

• Level 5*

Hi.  This is a new feature so in many ways your guess is as good as ours as to the best way to use it.  Evernote's help page is here - How to attach Google Drive files to notes

As I read the explanation,  you'll be able to search for filenames and any keywords in the attaching note,  but the content of the attachment will not be searchable.  You could,  of course,  copy and paste the content as plain text into the note along with the file,  so you have all the keywords available.

Searches will use the standard syntax,  one or more keywords from tags,  titles,  or note content,  or combinations of the above.

7 hours ago, gazumped said:

Searches will use the standard syntax,  one or more keywords from tags,  titles,  or note content,  or combinations of the above.

I do not know the standard syntax but I found Evernote's search grammar article for the same (https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php). Now I am beginning to understand how to make most of Evernote search.

Archived