Text Box feature as in MS.Word in Evernote Windows

abhinavkolla89@gmail.com

Idea

A text box feature would go a long way in improving space efficiency of notes and would make notes look better formatted. Please see the attached image. The space on the top right corner is now unusable; a text box feature is badly needed in such scenarios to completely utilise the space beside an image. Please for the love of god provide it in an update in the near future.

.Example.jpg

• Like 1

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2016-08-24 at 07:37, abhinavkolla89@gmail.com said:

A text box feature would go a long way in improving space efficiency of notes and would make notes look better formatted. Please see the attached image. The space on the top right corner is now unusable; a text box feature is badly needed in such scenarios to completely utilise the space beside an image. Please for the love of god provide it in an update in the near future.

4 hours ago, kkskhadija said:

totally agree what u said. Hope they will do it

I agree there's a lot of whitespace wasted to the right in notes

I don't think you'll see floating text boxes, as per the Word example. 
Word uses a proprietary format, while Evernote uses a generic html format.  
As such, it would be difficult for Evernote to add features that don't  conform to the html standard
edited: As per @jefito, I'm not up to date on html standards; boxes could be included

fwiw   My solution is to use a two column table.  This allows me to add content in the left column, with additional content in the right column.   The table has  additional features; for  example background colour.

To be honest, Evernote is not the product I'd use to do complicated word processing.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Word uses a proprietary format, while Evernote uses a generic html format.  As such, it would  be  difficult for Evernote to add features that don't  conform to the html standard

I think you'll find that HTML does support floating boxes...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
59 minutes ago, Leanna said:

Hi, I'd like text boxes too. Is there any update on this issue? 

No updates, and I'm still using tables to add layout to my notes.

In fact, table formatting has improved; cells can be merged.