Missing Content in many notes i clipped

door2newworld

Help!

I use web clipper to save articles (simplified article), then when i check the notes from evernote desktop, it's ok can see the full artcile

But many of the times i move around so need to use different computer, then when i log in evernote web,  many of the contents of my notes were missing.  I mean only show half of the article or few paraphraphs, some even only show the feature picture without the remainning of articles.

so what's the point to clip articles if i can't retrieve the articles back from my notebook?

Anybody can help? thanks a lot!

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you're using the web access from different devices,  copies of your notes have to be retrieved from the server to show on screen.  If the internet connection is slow,  it may take time for that note to load in full.  If you can see the complete content on one web version,  it should be available on any web version.  If you can use the installed desktop app on one device,  you'll also have a local copy of that note which you can check.

thanks for your promopt help gazumped. 

my laptop is new so chrome is new version (i guess).  when i use the desktop app, it's ok to clip the article and i checked them after finish, all contents are fine.

then when i log in using chrome browser (web everntoe), wow...many of the notes ...contents are missing.  I was horrified becuase i need to retrieve and edit my notes from time to time in different location.  so i rely a lot on web evernote when i am not at home.  

i tried to test it out in different computer in different location (using evernote web), stay the same.....almost all the articles...contents are missing. 

then last night i upgrade to plus plan, and this morning when i check the notes again from different locations....they look fine....i just need to reload the page when the content is missing. (i tried it for many times before i upgrade to plus yesterday)....kept on refreshed the pages but the content still missing....

don't know if it's becuse i paid the free plan so the content is limited....not sure....but now is ok...strange.  i was hopeless last night because i thought there's no point to clip articles if contents are msising.  I don't have this problem before evernote change the charging plan.  even i used the FREE plan for years, but everytime when i clip the article, they are fine both in desktop and web evernote. but after they change the plan, looks like contents will be missing on web evernote, but ok at desktop app.

i wonder if after i stop to pay the plus plan, whether i still can see the full content or not.  now i pay plus plan now because thee are many notes acculmated at my pocket and need to be sorted / make notes and organized.

i don't need 1 GB every month. too much for me on monthly basic, i tried to see how's going later.

thanks again for your help gazumped

oh no. gazumped

It's too early for me to feel happy.....when i ready to type and edit my note, it looks ok for about 3-4 seconds....then it goes back to 30-40% of article.  it means that i paid the plus plan ....but it's useless becuase i can't retrieve the article i clipped and make notes.  that's frustrating.

do you know anyone experinece the same issue? what's the point to pay evernote plus plan, but end up i am not able to get my note back online whenever / wherever i like?

thanks for your help gazumped.  i will try to reinstall the web clipper. thanks for the reminder.  but i feel that it's not about the web clipper, because the notes look fine when i use the desktop evernote. only have problem when i sign in using evernote web

Ezra H.  sorry to hear you have same frustration like me.  evernote team try to help but i thought they are not really get to the point. keep on asking me to change the browser delete catches etc.  sine i use evernote web to edit my note in different places and different computer, the browers are different, new and upgraded.

As i mentioned to gazumped, feel it's not abuot the web clipper, because if it is, then when i use the destop mode, the note should be missing too. the problem is once i check my note in web evernote, they will cut off half of my notes, then when i back to my desktop web, it's sync so all the notes i checked early ago became HALF, 20% left ...this annoyed me.

what i am doing now is very stupid. whenever i edit my note (1st time) in different computer in different workplace, i will first download the desktop evernote. and using it to edit my note...because i just upgrade to plus plan, so it's ok at this moment (though it's kind of stupid and waste of time), but it's better than i lost half of the notes and need to clip all the notes back again.

e.g. i am using destop evernote in this place now....then i edit the notes and sync before i left....then when i back home , i make sure open my laptop desktop evernote and sync all the notes back...it looks fine so far. 

if web evernote can't help me to edit notes everywhere even i upgrade the plus plan, i will have doubt to continue my subscription.it's stupid but i suggest you do the same thing to solve the problem at this stage, after you edit the notes, it looks fine in web evernote, but just don't let it to edit / open your note at the 1st time if you plan to view / edit later in other devices

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I don't know of any specific problem with Evernote Web,  except that it has far fewer features than the desktop version.  It's only saving grace is that it shows the server copy of your note which should be the 'master' copy - the one from which your desktop version will be updated.  Just a thought - is your desktop syncing correctly?  Is it possible that the additional content you're seeing in the desktop version haven't been sent to the web version?

About the only other thing I can think of is that if these notes are very long ones with images,  it's taking some time for them to 'appear' in the web browser.

For anyone with this issue I can only recommend - contact support - the more reports they receive,  and the more information they have,  the more likely you are to get a fix!

Archived