Reading PDF annotations

Hi,

I'd like to keep my pdfs from clients in evernote. They mark them up with yellow notes from their end. unfortunately when i drag the pdf in the note to display the pdf inline it shows the speech bubble saying a note is there, but i don't know how to view it. Is there an option i need to switch on?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, Neil Price said:

Hi,

I'd like to keep my pdfs from clients in evernote. They mark them up with yellow notes from their end. unfortunately when i drag the pdf in the note to display the pdf inline it shows the speech bubble saying a note is there, but i don't know how to view it. Is there an option i need to switch on?

Thanks

Hi @Neil Price, welcome to the Forums!

It sounds like you may need to enable the inline view as the default in Evernote's preferences:

• Open Evernote
  • From the menu bar, select Evernote > Preferences > Clipping 
  • In the drop down menu under "By default, view newly clipped PDFs and Office documents", select Inline

For existing notes where the PDF is not displaying inline, you can right-click the attachment's title in the body of the note and select View Inline.

I hope that helps!

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Neil Price said:

Unfortunately thats not it. It displays the pdf inline fine, it just won't display the annotations written by clients attached to the pdf. I've attached the icon that shows theres a note. I just don't know how to view it!

Cheers

note.jpg

Is this something you can view in Preview or Acrobat?

If yes, I'd recommend opening a support ticket.     Contact Evernote Support 

Archived