How to assign predefined Tag to Note

FY@HK

Dear all,

I just started using Evernote not long and need some help.  I created a Note in Web base Evernote, but I could not find a way to assign the predefined Tags to the Note I just created or any existing Notes.  I can only find the 'Add' new tag at the top of the Note.

But Android version, I can select the Tag I predefined and assign.

Many thanks.

Dragon

HI Gazumped,

Thanks for your prompt reply and your information.  But say if I have predefined some tags like A, B, C, etc.  When I create a note and open existing note, can I select A, B, C instead typing A, B, C??

As Android version can support this.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Dragon

• Level 5*

Hi again - not sure exactly what you're looking for still...  tags can be assigned to notes by selecting from a drop down,  or by typing.  Assigning multiple tags is easy when typing - just save the tags you want to use as "tag1,tag2,tag3" and post that string into each note's tag field.  the separate tags will be assigned.

Hi Gazumped,

Yes.  That's what I am looking for to select the 'Tag' by drop down.  But I couldn't find the drop down.  I can only use typing.

Could you shed me some light where to find the drop down.

Thanks again.

cheers,

Dragon

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I misspoke slightly - Evernote Web doesn't have a true drop-down that I'm aware of,  but typing the first letter of a tag in the tag field will get you a list of all tags currently available with that first letter.  Adding more letters narrows the choices.  So if you're adding tags for (say) holiday destinations and create a set of tags as hol_pool,  hol_beach,  hol_jazz,  hol_festival etc etc.,  then typing 'h' should get you those tags plus any others with that first letter.  Typing 'hol' will pretty definitely list only those.

Hope that helps...

Archived