Web Client Release Notes 8/18/2016

scruggles

Idea

Hi folks!

We're working on some exciting stuff back here, but a good amount of it is under the surface. Look forward to announcements of improvements over the next 6 months.

In the meantime, we've also been fixing some bugs:
  • Note list does not display
  • Search using any: tag:tagname1 tag:tagname2 does not return results
    • We fixed the search logic on this so it should work just like any other client.
  • Can't create anchor text when adding link
    • This bug was introduced our new editor experience. This should be fixed on Chrome, Safari, and Opera.
  • "Enter Valid Phone Number" message for user trying to setup 2FA with valid phone number
    • This should be fixed as well. However, if you're using a phone number that cannot receive text messages, you will still see this message.

Thanks for the reports - keep them coming :)

Best,
Karen

16 replies to this idea

On 17/12/2017 at 1:10 PM, ian_marson said:

Well, that was back in August 2016, it is now December 2017.

I presume that Evernote has lost interest and given up on developing Evernote web. As a Chromebook user I rely on the web interface  but seriously I am having to consider looking for other options. I have stuck with it in anticipation of "exciting stuff" but I don't see it.

Evernote - the silence is deafening!

So is anyone from Evernote going to respond and let us know what is happening with the Evernote Web? As I said the silence is deafening. 

Then why has there been no work on it since 8/8/16? The release notes are from last year which seems to indicate they haven't done anything on it since then. I don't see any improvement. There are still a lot of things that it can't do compared to the desktop version. Speaking of which, the Windows desktop version is slow and freezes on my PC all the time and so it basically leaves me without a decent version of Evernote to use. Sigh.

On 18/08/2016 at 5:48 PM, scruggles said:
Hi folks!

We're working on some exciting stuff back here, but a good amount of it is under the surface. Look forward to announcements of improvements over the next 6 months.

In the meantime, we've also been fixing some bugs:
  • Note list does not display
  • Search using any: tag:tagname1 tag:tagname2 does not return results
    • We fixed the search logic on this so it should work just like any other client.
  • Can't create anchor text when adding link
    • This bug was introduced our new editor experience. This should be fixed on Chrome, Safari, and Opera.
  • "Enter Valid Phone Number" message for user trying to setup 2FA with valid phone number
    • This should be fixed as well. However, if you're using a phone number that cannot receive text messages, you will still see this message.

Thanks for the reports - keep them coming :)

Best,
Karen

Well, that was back in August 2016, it is now December 2017.

I presume that Evernote has lost interest and given up on developing Evernote web. As a Chromebook user I rely on the web interface  but seriously I am having to consider looking for other options. I have stuck with it in anticipation of "exciting stuff" but I don't see it.

Evernote - the silence is deafening!

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, Holmes245 said:

So is Evernote Web dead?

No, the Evernote Web platform is not dead.
 I rely mainly on the client software platforms, but the web platform has always been there as a backup

Access to my notes has always been functional using this platform

5 minutes ago, Holmes245 said:

Why would I want to pay any subscription if there has been no development for this

This is exactly why I canceled my subscription more then a year ago. :-( 

The only thing that keeps me using Evernote is the posibility to add geolocations to notes... without that, I would have changed a long time ago! 

Fact is: Evernote does not care about their customers. 

So is Evernote Web dead? I stepped away from Evernote for while. I came back and wanted to use Evernote Web since the Windows client always freezes. However, having been gone for about a year, I've come back and it looks like there's been no development in Evernote Web. The last update post from Scruggles is from August 2016?!! Why would I want to pay any subscription if there has been no development for this and the Windows client is slow. No thanks. Evernote is apparently still struggling it seems, even after they raised the subscription rate twice.

@scruggles  FYI the "note list does not display" error in the *old* web interface seems to have resurface for folks using Chrome browser version 61 (and possibly newer, i can't test that).

When i open Evernote the center column is populated with note titles and snippets, but i can only scroll down 19 notes and then the rest are gone.

When i scroll back up there are only 9 or 10 notes left.

Switching to another folder shows no notes at all, and switching back to All Notes then shows no notes at all.

Refreshing the web page sends me back to step one, with the same results.

This problem does *NOT* appear in IE11, and other users have reported it does *NOT* appear in Firefox.

I can switch to IE temporarily, but everything (usually) works so much better in Chrome!

Thank you for letting us continue to use the old web interface, i find the new one unusable, and i cannot install the Windows application at work.

• Level 5*
48 minutes ago, dwlloyd said:

flaxseed tag, and I got thousands of hits, which was going to take too much time to go though. I tried my recipe tag, and that provided a more useful group, but still with far too many hits to quickly find what I needed. I tried Pancake

You can always do a mixed search (tags and literal text): tag:flaxseed tag:recipe pancake

Go to your account (lower left side), choose "properties" (in German: "Einstellungen"), and somewhere below you find

"return to old version" (in German: "Zurück zur alten Version").

Tataaa!

HTH.

I've been a premium user for many years.This new interface is USELESS!!! It doesn't find anything I search for.

I did not request the new interface. I just came up on its own, and I can't find a way to fix it. 

WORSE, in the "help" section of the program, clicking help takes me to a screen that prompts me to log in, but logging in takes me to the new interface which has no means to reach help. 

Just now I tired to find my favorite flaxseed pancake recipe to fix for breakfast, and I typed "Flaxseed pancake recipe,' expecting the recipe to be the first response, as it always has been in the past. Instead, I got three spam messages that somehow got into my account, none of which mentioned Flaxseed.

So I entered my flaxseed tag, and I got thousands of hits, which was going to take too much time to go though. I tried my recipe tag, and that provided a more useful group, but still with far too many hits to quickly find what I needed. I tried Pancake as a tag, but apparently I don't have that tag. However, what I wanted, was apparently impossible, which is to search for all three limiters.

This interface doesn't allow a way to combine tags, or to limit text searches with tags! Worse, it shows so little information about each hit, and so few hits per screen that it is impossible to find anything.

I"m used to the old interface, which looks just like the program, acts like the program, did searches BETTER than the program, showed me a screen-full of choices that I could evaluate at a glance, and easily run through a couple of hundred hits until I found the specific record I needed. The WIndows interface freezes if you try that, and I can't wait the 15 minutes it takes to unfreeze every time I search it. 

Archived