Jump to content

How do I install the 'Print to Evernote' feature?


Recommended Posts

On my last Windows 10 64 bit laptop under the list of available printers there was the very useful 'Print to Evernote' listing. I used it quite a lot. Since installing 6.2.4 on the new machine (same OS) this 'printer' is not listed. How do I install this 'Print to Evernote' feature? I have tried getting Windows to look for it under Devices and Printers but no luck there.

Link to post
  • Level 5*

Hi.  I've been a Windows Evernote user for the past several years and I've never seen a 'print to Evernote' option.  Closest you'll get for a document is to print to a PDF file and then import the file.  Otherwise the usual suspects of Copy/Paste / web clipper etc..

Link to post
5 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I've been a Windows Evernote user for the past several years and I've never seen a 'print to Evernote' option.  Closest you'll get for a document is to print to a PDF file and then import the file.  Otherwise the usual suspects of Copy/Paste / web clipper etc..

So have I and I have used 'Print to Evernote' most of that time. It does exist...somewhere. It's similar to the 'Send to OneNote' feature.

Link to post
13 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Please see screenshot. Printer on the far right. Taken from my Surface Pro 3 Win 10 64 bit

Screenshot 2016-08-17 16.55.16.png

Link to post
  • Level 5*

Consider me convinced.  Never seen anything about this up to now however.  It's definitely not an additional feature that needs to be added in or switched on.  When you install the app,  what you see is what you get.  I'm currently using the latest beta and there's nothing in their either.

Maybe someone else has something more on this...

Link to post
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, rafikiphoto said:

Please see screenshot. Printer on the far right. Taken from my Surface Pro 3 Win 10 64 bit

So right click on the "Print to Evernote" icon, and select Properties. What do you see?

Link to post
13 hours ago, jefito said:

So right click on the "Print to Evernote" icon, and select Properties. What do you see?

Hehehe! The 'manufacturer' is Foxit Software Inc. I have Foxit Phantom PDF installed on each device. I have sent in a  support ticket to Foxit asking for confirmation that it is their driver and how I can retrieve it for my laptop. Nothing comes up on their website or forum. I'll report back when I receive a reply.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, rafikiphoto said:

Hehehe! The 'manufacturer' is Foxit Software Inc. I have Foxit Phantom PDF installed on each device. I have sent in a  support ticket to Foxit asking for confirmation that it is their driver and how I can retrieve it for my laptop. Nothing comes up on their website or forum. I'll report back when I receive a reply.

If you haven't already, maybe you just need to reinstall the Foxit software.

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/blog/integrating-evernote-and-your-pdf-software/

Link to post
  • Level 5*

I find that it is best to add pdfs to a folder that is not immediately uploaded to EN - I get a "temporary" file uploaded before the full conversion is done if I don't do that. So, a separate folder, and then move a batch of pdfs.

Link to post
14 minutes ago, FactMan said:

I find that it is best to add pdfs to a folder that is not immediately uploaded to EN - I get a "temporary" file uploaded before the full conversion is done if I don't do that. So, a separate folder, and then move a batch of pdfs.

We have not had this issue.  I have a couple of folders into which we put files.  For invoicing and Deposits.  Then my person that does the paperwork on these items can easily know there are new ones.  We must be using smaller files or something.

Link to post
  • Level 5*

Might be an OS or a scanner issue - I found the same,  that my scanner opened a file in the Import folder into which it intended to save the scanned document.  Evernote immediately tried to import the file,  but got a 'file opened in another application' error because the scanner hadn't finished yet.  I scan to one folder and move files to the import folder in batches,  after OCR,  editing,  re-naming etc.  It's a useful extra step.  However - if you don't find it necessary,  that is perfectly fine..  :)

Link to post

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...