How to share admin access

Hello, I'm currently using the basic and my boss is using the premium version of Evernote. I can edit individual notes he shares with me (in a shared notebook), but nothing further. We'd like to be able to both access evernote to organize notes and notebooks, move and/or delete them, tag, etc., essentially both acting as admins of the material, like dropbox or google drive allows. My question is, can we do this if we both had premium, or do we need business? Or can it be done at all, at any level?

Thank you!

• Level 5*

Hi.  The only major differences I'm aware of between notebook owner and shared-to colleague (with edit/invite permissions) are that the colleague can't manage the owner's account - ie create new tags / move notes around / create new notebooks.  You'd need your boss's log in to do that for him.

Sharing a notebook with someone just means you allow someone else to see a set of notes,  edit the existing ones and maybe invite someone else to look at the results.

It's possible to get around some limitations if you share a notebook back to the first account - you can share new notes to your boss.  (Basic accounts have exactly the same sharing options as Premium accounts.)

It sounds a little like overkill for two people,  but the business account might solve your problems.  If you become administrator of that account,  both you and your boss can have your separate premium account for drafting and personal records,  and both of you can share the information in the business notes and notebooks.

Evernote have a Certified Consultants program - it might be worth you finding one nearby to discuss this further...

@janesymtecHere's a comparison of Premium vs Business that might also help. With any subscription including Basic, you can move notes between shared notebooks as long as you have edit permissions to those notebooks. With Evernote business, everyone in the business will have the ability to create, use, and modify tags inside a business notebook as long as they have edit permissions to the notebook. An admin will be the only ones who can fully delete tags from the business account. It's possible to have both you and your boss as admins on the business account. Hope that helps!

Archived