Jump to content

Clicking on note shortcut shows note in respective notebook rather than 'all notes'


Recommended Posts


Prior to the major new Windows release, clicking on a note shortcut associated with a notebook would show the respective notebook notes under notes list.  It now shows 'all notes' instead.  Please Please Please add the option to only pull up just the the respective notebook notes rather than 'all notes' when clicking on a note shortcut.  I strongly feel this would benefit many users.  The issue is that if you have many sequential notes in a notebook and you want to just shortcut the last note to bring up the list starting with the last note this does not work anymore.

Thanks! Charlie

 
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Not sure if this has changed - I don't keep sequential notes in one notebook,  or use Evernote in this way.  I can suggest two work-arounds however.

  1. Consider titling your notes with a date and a time if you make more than one per day.  I do this with all my notes because it helps keep them in the correct sequence even if I add a note into a series out of order - I just edit the date/ time.  It's quick and easy - set up a text recorder app like Phrase Express which can insert the necessary string with one keypress.  20160821 1236
  2. Create a Table of Contents note for your notebook and link to that - you can use it as the index of all notes.  Adding new entries is as simple as pasting the note link,  and again the order can be edited as you require - paste into the list at any point and move things around as required.
Link to post
  • Level 5*
On 8/15/2016 at 0:01 PM, chacomosko said:


Prior to the major new Windows release, clicking on a note shortcut associated with a notebook would show the respective notebook notes under notes list.  It now shows 'all notes' instead.  Please Please Please add the option to only pull up just the the respective notebook notes rather than 'all notes' when clicking on a note shortcut.  I strongly feel this would benefit many users.  The issue is that if you have many sequential notes in a notebook and you want to just shortcut the last note to bring up the list starting with the last note this does not work anymore.

Thanks! Charlie

 

Workaround.  If you have Search information showing, Ctrl-F10, you can click on the notebook drop down to select the notebook of the shortcut note.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, csihilling said:

Workaround.  If you have Search information showing, Ctrl-F10, you can click on the notebook drop down to select the notebook of the shortcut note.

The other workaround it to Shift+Click on the notebook in the note header, and that does more or less the same thing. But I'm not sure how helpful that is, as you'll probably also jump to a new note in that case...

Link to post
  • Level 5*
47 minutes ago, jefito said:

The other workaround it to Shift+Click on the notebook in the note header, and that does more or less the same thing. But I'm not sure how helpful that is, as you'll probably also jump to a new note in that case...

Yeah, selecting from the drop down in search explanation keeps the note as the focus, shift-clicking in the note header changes the note focus.

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

Another idea to "sort of" get the behavior back is to create a notebook shortcut instead of a single note shortcut. Coupled with the right default sort option this may get you back to similar interaction without having to add too many more clicks. Obviously, your mileage may vary if you have a specific naming convention to your notes and or a large quantity of notes per notebook. Evernote development ninjas... please add the prior behavior as an option to toggle. Many thanks.

Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...