Exporting in the Order Written

I'm having some trouble with exporting and was wondering if there's a workaround.

I know how to export notes, but when I export them it puts them in alphabetical order.  I want them to be in the order they were written.  (I.E., I'd like the "Date Created" column to be the actual date they were created and not have them ALL say the same thing -- the date I exported them.)

The only workaround I found is to manually go in and rename each note with a number before the title.  That way, when they go in order (after exporting) they'll be in numerical order, which would be the order I wrote them.  Is there another solution?  I don't particularly want to have numbers before the title of every note.  Please help!  Thank you!!

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Logan08 said:

I'm having some trouble with exporting and was wondering if there's a workaround.

I know how to export notes, but when I export them it puts them in alphabetical order.  I want them to be in the order they were written.

I'm guessing you're exporting into html format, and a separate file is created for each note.
The files have title, and various dates (created etc).
The dates are all set to the date/time the file was created.

So, I'm thinking your request is
- have the option in an html export for the file-date to be set to the note creation date

I know of no solution currently.  

btw.  I do my exports daily (changed notes); my file dates match the notes change date 

Archived