"Formatting" (change of fonts) don't stick

This is driving me nuts.  Any font change I make never sticks.  It always goes back to the default font.  What am I missing here?  I change an entire NOTE (1 of 5 within a notebook) to a different font and POOF it's gone after a short time. Back to the default (Tahoma I believe).

Agreed, it doesn't work for me either. I know it did in at least a long-ago version (I've been off and on with Evernote for a few years), but it's not working with current version 6.2.4.3244 and it's very frustrating to be stuck with such a small font or to have to manually adjust everything.

On 8/14/2016 at 2:22 PM, MisterEd said:

This is driving me nuts.  Any font change I make never sticks.  It always goes back to the default font.  What am I missing here?  I change an entire NOTE (1 of 5 within a notebook) to a different font and POOF it's gone after a short time. Back to the default (Tahoma I believe).

18 hours ago, MisterEd said:

I have been going back and forth with support about this.  After about 5 messages the support person said she is forwarding it to technical support.  Huh?

Problems with fonts are many years old. I wrote about a couple of pretty bad ones here in May. (Here's the second.) These became support tickets which were very quickly closed with a vague promise to maybe fix it some day. David Pogue wrote about font problems in October 2015. There are countless threads on font size problems and requests to have font size options on mobile devices. Those go back as early as 2010, I think, maybe earlier. Lots of font size problems with printing, too, such as this one from 2012.

Font sizing sounds like a pretty basic feature for a note taking program, but it has never been a priority for Evernote. I was hoping the first version of the common editor would, at last, fix font sizing, but it didn't.

After so many years, perhaps everyone, including Evernote employees, and Evernote marketing, ought to assume that broken fonts are just a permanent part of the Evernote experience.

Does any Evernote employee have a different perspective?

• Level 5
On 8/14/2016 at 5:22 PM, MisterEd said:

Can you provide specific steps for us to reproduce this behavior? For example:

1. Create a new note
  2. Type "foo"
  3. Press Ctrl+A
  4. Switch font to "Courier"
  5. ...

Been through this with "support" for weeks.  NO, I cannot reproduce it but when it happens it ain't rocket science doing it.   This is copied from the last email I sent support on my support ticket:  Frankly., I don't want to deal with it anymore.  I'll just use my workaround,

Really … I thought I explained it multiple times to the other person.  SIMPLE.  I change a font of ONE NOTE within a notebook.  The font remains but a few days later it simply reverts back to the default font (Tahoma).  If I change the ENTIRE NOTEBOOK’s default font  everything remains fine but ALL notes in that notebook have to be the same font.

ALSO (separate but still formatting related issue), every once in a while a “linefeed” (ENTER to next line) goes away and merges with the next line. 

EXAMPLE:

(line 1) Ed <ENTER> 

(line 2) Linden NJ

AFTER:

(All one line)  Ed  Linden NJ

I cannot send you the note in question and there is no way to reproduce and show you because when it does happen it happens days later.  It’s not rocket science.  I enter something in 1 note within a notebook of 6 notes, I change the font (in my case to COURIER, I come back a day or so later and the font is changed back to the ORIGINAL default font of the REST OF THE NOTEBOOK not the font I applied.  The only way I can avoid it is to make the ENTIRE NOTEBOOK the font I want to have in just ONE of the notes within the notebook.

Someone else on your “community forum” is having the same problem.  I really don’t want to deal with it anymore.  I’ll just live with it.

Thanks,

Ed

• 1 year later...

This is literally rude and disrespectful. I'm the "premium" user. There are millions of "plus" and "premium" Users like me, which means "Evernote" makes millions of dollars a year, thanks to us. And what does he do for our problems? I have almost 100 emails about this "font size problem". They're stalling you with Mail traffic. Everyone is turning on each other. No results. Why can't I get a quality service from my premium purchase? The only thing Evernote needs is a rival. He acts like a spoiled little boy, Evernote. All they need is a strong opponent.

• Level 5*
59 minutes ago, zsvnc said:

The only thing Evernote needs is a rival.

The Internet is wide, with many fish. A web search on "alternative to evernote" may help you to find enlightenment1

1 The term 'enlightenment' may mean that you find what you're looking for, or that what you're looking for may not exist or may mean nothing at all. As always, no money back guarantee is in effect.

Just now, jefito said:

The Internet is wide, with many fish. A web search on "alternative to evernote" may help you to find enlightenment1

1 The term 'enlightenment' may mean that you find what you're looking for, or that what you're looking for may not exist or may mean nothing at all. As always, no money back guarantee is in effect.

I don't need enlightenment. I'm a quality control architect. If the quality of an institution begins to fall, I understand. Because of the wimps like you, firms are going down instead of developing

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, zsvnc said:

I don't need enlightenment. I'm a quality control architect. If the quality of an institution begins to fall, I understand. Because of the wimps like you, firms are going down instead of developing

Please stop calling people names. That's not kosher in this forum.

Also note that I'm not an employee of Evernote. I'm just a user like you.

You stated that Evernote needs a rival. Many exist. I offered you one way to find out who they are.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, zsvnc said:

The only thing Evernote needs is a rival.

I haven't found a complete replacement for the Evernote software/service

The editor is fine for basic notes, but for more extensive features I'd recommend using a dedicated editor app
I use Word/Pages for word processing, Excel/Numbers for spreadsheets, ...
Evernote works well with office/iwork documents as note attachments

Archived