Cursor changes to yellow box and won't let me click on anything

Charlotte8

Hi, When I open webclipper the webclipper opens fine like normal, but my cursor had changed to the 'select text icon' that looks a but like a capital I, but with a yellow box next to it.

And it won't let me click on anything.

Tried reinstalling, got latest version.

Tried taking a screenshot, but it is not appearing on the screenshot.

Any help appreciated as this is very frustrating.

HI Charlotte8 - I am having exactly the same problem. I've been using clipper for years, and have recently reinstalled in both Chrome and Firefox but I cannot get the highlighter cursor to work.

The 'Help' section says the clipper does not yet work for Microsoft Edge (which I'm not using), but I have recently changed PCs and the new one is running on WINDOWS 10 PRO. That's the only thing I can think of that has changed.

I tried to submit a 'ticket' via Evernote, but the help page options keep going round in circles and I can't submit a ticket.

Shame, as Evernote clipper has been one of my favourite tools.

Hi Alex. Sound like we are in the same boat.

It is happening to me on windows 7 in Chrome and on my chromebook.

Looked at my brother PC running windows 10 and the cursor is meant to be like that over most of the screen, but when you mouse over the box to tell it how you want to see the link it is meant to change into a normal mouse cursor and let you click on things.

On 24/08/2016 at 9:55 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  We're a (mostly) user-supported forum,  not support - I'd recommend anyone still with this issue to contact support directly.  There's been some movement in the clipper area however - see

Hi Gazumped. The latest release has fixed the bug. Many thanks

Clipper now working as expected.

HI Charlotte8 - I am having exactly the same problem. I've been using clipper for years, and have recently reinstalled in both Chrome and Firefox but I cannot get the highlighter cursor to work.

The 'Help' section says the clipper does not yet work for Microsoft Edge (which I'm not using), but I have recently changed PCs and the new one is running on WINDOWS 10 PRO. That's the only thing I can think of that has changed.

I tried to submit a 'ticket' via Evernote, but the help page options keep going round in circles and I can't submit a ticket.

Shame, as Evernote clipper has been one of my favourite tools.

Archived