Removing shortcut bar keeps coming back

My shortcut bar kind of takes over the screen and puts my notes and notebooks far down. So I tried removing the shortcuts bar on the left of the 'main' screen in EN, and it keeps coming back, how can I stop it from keeping coming back? OR how can I move it BELOW my 'notes' 'notebooks' 'tags' etc to the bottom.

Reason is I often access my 'notebooks' and 'notes' so don't wish for it to be so far down the screen. 

thanks in advance guys

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, Dan5819 said:

My shortcut bar kind of takes over the screen and puts my notes and notebooks far down. So I tried removing the shortcuts bar on the left of the 'main' screen in EN, and it keeps coming back, how can I stop it from keeping coming back? OR how can I move it BELOW my 'notes' 'notebooks' 'tags' etc to the bottom.

Reason is I often access my 'notebooks' and 'notes' so don't wish for it to be so far down the screen. 

I believe you're talking about Shortcuts in the sidebar

The Mac platform has no feature for re-ordering the sidebar menu,
or for turning off the detail items under the Shortcuts menu

Removing shortcuts from the sidebar works for me, and stays permanently removed.
Are you running the latest version of the software?

oKAY, i'll work around the impossibility to re order the bars, I can reduce the # of shortcuts I have and also turn it off altogether, which is what I have been trying to do.

For me, this is not permanent, it keeps appearing back. Strange.

Any Evernote staff here know how to stop it from keep coming back on each time i close down, shut down my Mac, restart it and then the next day the shortcut bar is back.

The way i turn off the short cut bar is simply 'control' click it.

Archived