Copy note link

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Bobo007 said:

Hi,

I can't copy note link when the source in not on my computer and is only shared with me. What is wrong?

You mean you can't use "Copy note link" when the note is shared with you, or the notebook it belongs to is shared to you (those are the two Evernote sharing options)? Which Evernote client are you using: WIndows, Mac, Android, iOS, Web?

• Level 5*

Hi @Bobo007 - we're all users here (well,  mostly...) so availability tends to be variable.  Not sure where Jefito was going with this,  but I'm not sure that note links would work at all with shared-in notes that are not hosted on your own computer.  Have you had experience of this working in the past?

Seems to me that notes would have to be shared with you with permissions set to 'and can invite others' before you would have access to the note link,  even to use for yourself.  Can you explain in more detail exactly what you're looking to do with these shared notes?

Hi gazumped,

Thank You for answering, here is the example

Example:One person created notebook A and notebook B and shared with me. 

In notebook A Person created different notes with .pdf material.

I copied material from .pdf note and I pasted it in the new note I created in other person's notebook B

And the problem showed up when I wanted to make copy link note, the other person to know the exact place  where is that material in notebook A

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  I have a shared-in notebook and there seems to problem in copying note links within that notebook,  or back to a notebook of my own...  I'm using the installed Windows desktop app.  Not sure how that goes if you're using the browser version...

If you are in the desktop app I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if that reinstates the functionality of note links.

Archived