problem with sync, can't contact assistance

So I was working on something on my evernote (MacBook), a file that was started long ago. Yesterday too I worked on it from Evernote Iphone, but it didn't sync on my mac, I didn't notice it since yesterday I did only some minor changes to the file. Today I did major modifies to it, then went out and opened the file from Evernote Iphone and realized it was stuck with yesterday's changes.

As I got back home it synced to the modifies I did yesterday, all of this morning's work is LOST. It's not me, it's a sync failure.

Unable to contact support directly, I'm writing here. Please HELP.

edit: No "conflict files" appear for today in my Evernote, nothing on the web version either.

• Level 5*
8 hours ago, SLL said:

Unable to contact support directly, I'm writing here. Please HELP.

The link is here. If you can post here, you can use that as well.

It sounds like something didn't get sync'd. Have you looked for a Notes Conflict notebook? EN will create one when a note is changed on 2+ locations but not sync'd to the server in between.

Also, if you have Premium, it might be easily available in Note History.

Thank you for your kind reply.

As I wrote in my og post there was no conflict note. I don't have a Premium account, I don't actually need it and I don't want to purchase one just to find out that I can't still find my update! 

ps

Spent the whole morning on that link and tried to contact assistence but it redirects me to tons of faqs and that's it. So I wrote here, because it says that technical staff reads the forum too. 

Lately I googled "how to contact evernote" and found a direct link to the tickets page on some yahoo! answers, but I'm still not getting any replies. 

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, SLL said:

So I was working on something on my evernote (MacBook), a file that was started long ago. Yesterday too I worked on it from Evernote Iphone, but it didn't sync on my mac, I didn't notice it since yesterday I did only some minor changes to the file. Today I did major modifies to it, then went out and opened the file from Evernote Iphone and realized it was stuck with yesterday's changes.

As I got back home it synced to the modifies I did yesterday, all of this morning's work is LOST. It's not me, it's a sync failure.

Assuming you did a sync to the Evernote servers, your changes are probably available via the Note History service

This is a paid feature, but you can enroll for a single month.

• Level 5*
Just now, DTLow said:

Assuming you did a sync to the Evernote servers, your changes are probably available via the Note History service

This is a paid feature, but you can enroll for a single month.

does it work retroactively? Meaning, is EN always tracking Note History but only exposing it when on a Premium plan?

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, EdH said:

does it work retroactively? Meaning, is EN always tracking Note History but only exposing it when on a Premium plan?

That's my understanding

• Level 5*
45 minutes ago, SLL said:

Thank you for your kind reply.

As I wrote in my og post there was no conflict note. I don't have a Premium account, I don't actually need it and I don't want to purchase one just to find out that I can't still find my update! 

ps

Spent the whole morning on that link and tried to contact assistence but it redirects me to tons of faqs and that's it. So I wrote here, because it says that technical staff reads the forum too. 

Lately I googled "how to contact evernote" and found a direct link to the tickets page on some yahoo! answers, but I'm still not getting any replies. 

If you put in your email address correctly in the support form, you should have gotten a pretty quick response with a ticket number showing you are now in the system. It can take 24hrs for a human to respond in some cases though.

1 hour ago, EdH said:

this is a very relevant question!!

Also, I really hope that someone will write me back asap.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, SLL said:

Also, I really hope that someone will write me back asap

If you didn't get a ticket number,  Evernote don't know about your issue yet.  Employees do read the forums,  but they're not support,  and it's not exactly quick for them to cover everything.

Sync between my laptop and iphone is not working. It seems to be since the change for non-upgraded accounts where I was limited to two locations.

This may be posted to the wrong place. I do not have a Mac.  If so, I apologize.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, mgiard said:

Sync between my laptop and iphone is not working. It seems to be since the change for non-upgraded accounts where I was limited to two locations.

Evernote does not sync from     device <> device
The sync is process is        iphone  <>  server  <>  laptop

You can log on the web platform (www.evernote.com) and verify the sync to the server is working
This will allow you to identify which device is having a problem.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, mgiard said:

This may be posted to the wrong place. I do not have a Mac.  If so, I apologize.

Do you have a red exclamation point over your sync icon?  Could you have accidentally logged in to a different account?

So, how my story ended.

Customer service didn't even bother to reply to my request.

Had to buy premium account, it worked and I had my work back. But totally disappointed by Evernote customer service.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, SLL said:

So, how my story ended.

Customer service didn't even bother to reply to my request.

Had to buy premium account, it worked and I had my work back. But totally disappointed by Evernote customer service.

so you were on a free basic account? How many devices do you have connected? You are only allowed 2 under Basic so it could be you have a third and it was keeping  your laptop from connecting and syncing. Check out your device count in your account. Go to Evernote.com and log in. Click on the profile picture/placeholder in the lower left and select settings from that menu. CLick on devices. Reject any devices you don't want to use. If you still have 3 or more, you need to maintain at least a plus plan.

Support for basic plans work, but it isn't fast - they give priority to the premium/plus/business plans.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Doesn't anyone know if this is still true?  I've seen indications from other posts that it may not be.

Well, I certianly thought it was, but if you go to their pricing page, there are only annual subscriptions showing, not monthly options. Hrm....

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, EdH said:

Well, I certianly thought it was, but if you go to their pricing page, there are only annual subscriptions showing, not monthly options. Hrm....

Hmmm is right.  I understand the need to encourage folks to sign up for a paid plan but requiring a year's work of Premium to use note history to recover from an oops is, IMO, a bit much.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Hmmm is right.  I understand the need to encourage folks to sign up for a paid plan but requiring a year's work of Premium to use note history to recover from an oops is, IMO, a bit much.

Well, their blog post says it is monthly or yearly. I wonder if during the sign up process if you are given that option? I'll ask in the forum where hopefully an EN employee will respond.

EDIT: posted here. Keep an eye out on that. Hopefully we'll get official clarification.

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Does anyone know if this is still true?  I've seen indications from other posts that it may not be.

The subscriptions page on my Mac shows monthly options

Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 11.04.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-16 at 11.04.39 AM.png

• Level 5*
On August 16, 2016 at 10:28 AM, s2sailor said:

Does anyone know if this is still true?  I've seen indications from other posts that it may not be.

See 

Archived