Selecting parent tag only

Hi folks,

I organize my notes with nested tags. Until a recent update, a click on a parent tag did not select notes tagged with a sub-tag. That's the workflow I'm used to. Now, all sub-tags are automatically selected, and I have to deselect them.

How can I select notes marked with the parent tag only?

• Level 5*

6 hours ago, BlueBeret said:

Hi Amanda,

Thank you very much – I highly appreciate the quick response. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend!

And if you ever do want to keep the include the child tags option checked I think holding the shift key while pressing the parent tag gets it done will create a parent only tag search, from tags in the left panel.

4 hours ago, csihilling said:

And if you ever do want to include the child tags I think holding the shift key while pressing the parent tag gets it done. 

Also appreciated, thanks!

Seems to work a bit differently, though. The Shift key helps me to select a range of tags – not exactly sure how to explain it, since English isn't my mother tongue. But I'm sure the Shift key will come in handy anyway :)

• Level 5*
49 minutes ago, BlueBeret said:

Also appreciated, thanks!

Seems to work a bit differently, though. The Shift key helps me to select a range of tags – not exactly sure how to explain it, since English isn't my mother tongue. But I'm sure the Shift key will come in handy anyway :)

Yeah, my bad I misspoke.  When Automatically select child tags is checked in options, if you hold the shift key while selecting a parent tag the search will be for only the parent tag.  Only when you do it in the left panel though.

Archived