Insert link not correctly working in browser based

Eugenio

Hi,

I would like to create a new link with a custom text as I always have done in Evernote browser based, but recently I have noticed that it is not working as expected:

1. I write a text and I highlight it
  2. I click on the insert link button, I type my url, then apply
  3. the url take the place of the text I have typed, so I cannot have a custom text for my url link

Has something changed? Have I done something wrong?

Best regards

• Level 5*

?? Just tried both old and new web versions and the insert URL feature works for me.  In the old web version you highlight the text and a new window pops up asking you to enter the URL,  which is pretty clear.  In the new web UI a window pops up with the link text in the top field and a message line below it.  Type over the message line to add the link.  I don't use the web version much,  and it took me a couple of goes to make that work... ;)

I am having the same problem on a mac using Chrome (51.0) (see image) In Chrome, only the "link" box shows up when I edit. "Text" box, which normally appears just above the link box, does not show up at all. As a result, Evernote in Chrome overwrites my link text with the URL. In Firefox, all is well. Evernote used to work fine in Chrome. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-08 at 12.17.33 PM.png

I used to create notes and used to put URL on certain words. For example I wanted to put a URL on Cereal Boxes, see here this word has become an anchor text and it is very much clickable but when I do it in my note, Evernote removes my text and paste only URL. Can someone tell me what is the problem. Is there a change in settings or Evernote policy ? 

I'm also having the same issue. I'm using the new web version and when I try to add a link, the dialogue box that pops up only says "Add a link". There's no field to "Title your link" like there used to be. Thus, when I paste my link there, the full url takes the place of the text I typed. 

Any way to fix this??

EN_error.PNG

On 8/8/2016 at 8:29 AM, gazumped said:

Hi.  It's not a bug.  What version of EN Web are you using?  Do you see this dialogue when you add a link?  Fill in both fields and you'll be fine.

2016-08-08_1427.png

Except the problem is that I don't have two fields. All I have is "Add a link."

Screenshot 2016-08-09 at 8.51.03 AM.png

Is this just a bug?

I too have been having this same problem for the last 5 or so days.

Why is this a new bug that multiple users are having all of a sudden? 

I've tried Evernote Web in several different browsers and I get the same problem:

• copy URL link
  • write custom text
  • highlight/select text
  • click hyperlink button & add URL link in the field
  • click apply
  • the complete URL overwrites the selected text.

Hi,

thanks a lot for all these reply, what I get, under Chrome browser  Version 51.0.2704.106 m (64-bit) is shown in the screenshot. Before it there wasn't any problem, highlight the text and then add a link, so just a text underlined pointing to a url.

Is there already a bug opened? in case I can open a new one.

Regards,

Eugenio

evernote_link.jpg

Hi All,

Thanks for all your posts. Our development team is aware of this issue and we should have a fix out soon. This appears to be affecting Chrome, Safari and Opera. For now, we recommend using any other browser or the desktop app. I'll post updates as we learn more. Thanks!

2 hours ago, nohb said:

Hi All,

Thanks for all your posts. Our development team is aware of this issue and we should have a fix out soon. This appears to be affecting Chrome, Safari and Opera. For now, we recommend using any other browser or the desktop app. I'll post updates as we learn more. Thanks!

Thank You for your concern. I hope this will get fixed soon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there - I have an issue that I think is related, but a bit different ...

About a week ago I started having issues using hyperlinks on my iPhone. I create them on my Macbook, where they work fine, but then when I click on them on the phone, they don't open, but instead the keyboard comes up and the cursor takes me to the top of the note. This is happening with newly created links AND old ones.

However, when I create the link on the browser version of Evernote, it asks me to give the link a 'title', and then it works on my phone. Unfortunately, though, that option is not available on the Macbook app - which means that all my old links aren't working!

• 3 months later...

UPDATE 12/3/2017

Not sure when, but this was addressed very well in the "web" version, edit allows top line change to description/subject, and bottom line paste of updated URL. Thank-you very much. I create hyperlinks many times a week and this annoying issue was addressed.  :)

+++

This issue has not been addressed, though on August 10 Evernote acknowledged they were aware of it.

It occurs on Windows using Evernote Premium (Desktop App); still occuring now (12/14/2016) in most recent 6.4.2.3788 (Public) Windows Standalone app.

Recreated many, many times. I use "workaround" below.

If you attempt to right click Edit an existing Hyperlink and paste a replacement, most of the time the link itself is pasted.

The workaround: Right Click, Remove the hyperlink, highlight same word(s), Ctrl-K (Add), then paste URL from clipboard, which avoids the paste of a long hyperlink.

Recreate by example

Test  < just now recreated in Desktop app, where I right click "Test", choose Edit, and attempt to Paste a "different" URL for this post!
Instead of same word Test with URL (prior http://www.google.com) changed, I get this ... https://www.google.com/advanced_search
The entire URL shows after the paste.  
  • Level 5*
32 minutes ago, cpufox said:

It occurs on Windows using Evernote Premium (Desktop App); still occuring now (12/14/2016) in most recent 6.4.2.3788 (Public) Windows Standalone app.

This is a forum for the Evernote web client. Please post problems with the Evernote Windows client in the correct subforum, here: https://discussion.evernote.com/forum/225-windows-desktop-help/

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*

It MAY be that a new web version is in progress - it was mentioned (hinted?) at the end of last year that there are so may new tools around to drive a web page that a complete redesign was under way and new versions would appear "early in the new year" - we're now rapidly approaching new year's lunchtime without (AFAIK) any actual sign yet that any work has been released.  But if they're already fixing problems,  this may be one of the things on their list...

Archived