Saving a shared notebook locally

Go to solution Solved by BSR,

• Evernote Staff
  • Solution

Hi there @mchiareli, welcome to the Forums!

There isn't a way to convert a shared notebook to a local notebook, however, you can copy the notes from the shared notebook to one of your own notebooks in the Mac application by opening the shared note in Evernote for Mac, right-clicking on the note, and selecting Copy to Notebook. 

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

41 minutes ago, BSR said:

Hi there @mchiareli, welcome to the Forums!

There isn't a way to convert a shared notebook to a local notebook, however, you can copy the notes from the shared notebook to one of your own notebooks in the Mac application by opening the shared note in Evernote for Mac, right-clicking on the note, and selecting Copy to Notebook. 

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

But this wont keep notes sync, it will?

• Evernote Staff
3 minutes ago, mchiareli said:

But this wont keep notes sync, it will?

Hi @mchiareli, can you elaborate on what you mean? 

Are you referring to edits made to the note by the user that shared it with you originally?

21 minutes ago, BSR said:

Hi @mchiareli, can you elaborate on what you mean? 

Are you referring to edits made to the note by the user that shared it with you originally?

Yes, if I save the note locally using "Copy to notebook", all changes made after that in the shared note not won't be applied to the copy, will they?

• Evernote Staff
15 minutes ago, mchiareli said:

Yes, if I save the note locally using "Copy to notebook", all changes made after that in the shared note not won't be applied to the copy, will they?

Hi @mchiareli, that is correct. Since the note is being copied to the notebook, edits made to the original note by the user who shared it with you will not appear in the copied version in your own notebook.

• Level 5*
59 minutes ago, mchiareli said:

If I was concerned about this, I'd write an AppleScript to keep my notebook copy updated.

(We are Mac users; We are omnipotent)

20 minutes ago, DTLow said:

If I was concerned about this, I'd write an AppleScript to keep my notebook copy updated.

(We are Mac users; we are omnipotent)

Yes, i will look to have something like that, i may look at IFTTT before writing a script.

Thanks

• Level 5*
On August 4, 2016 at 8:55 AM, mchiareli said:

If someone stop sharing a notebook I no longer can access it, is there any way I can save a shared notebook locally, so if the person stop the sharing I would have the latest shared version? 

Are you running any kind of backup process (you should be - my process is documented here)

You could include the shared notebook in your backups.
Then, if someone stopped sharing with you, you can retrieve the notebook from your backups