Help with search

I want to create a search that shows me what is due today, plus some other notes of interest. So to find what is due today, I say:

reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1

which gives me what I want. But, I would like to see what is due today plus what is in my notebook "ASAP". But you can't due that, because notebook names are special, and if I choose that notebook, then search will only look in that notebook. So I try a tag called ASAP, which I add to the notes I want to find in addition to today:

reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1 tag:ASAP

but this doesn't work either - I think it just returns notes that match all the criteria. Adding "any:" seems to look for notes that match any individual expressions, so I get notes due in the future.. 

So can someone tell me how to do what I'm trying to do? In my head, I want to do:

(reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1 ) OR tag:ASAP

is there a way to express that?

TIA

• Level 5*
28 minutes ago, Bob in NV said:

I want to create a search that shows me what is due today, plus some other notes of interest. So to find what is due today, I say:

reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1

which gives me what I want. But, I would like to see what is due today plus what is in my notebook "ASAP". But you can't due that, because notebook names are special, and if I choose that notebook, then search will only look in that notebook. So I try a tag called ASAP, which I add to the notes I want to find in addition to today:

reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1 tag:ASAP

but this doesn't work either - I think it just returns notes that match all the criteria. Adding "any:" seems to look for notes that match any individual expressions, so I get notes due in the future.. 

So can someone tell me how to do what I'm trying to do? In my head, I want to do:

(reminderTime:day -reminderTime:day+1 ) OR tag:ASAP

is there a way to express that?

No, you can't have and/or searches

My approach is to use reminder date only, but use a prefix to set the sort sequence
For example, all my tasks begin with +
My priority tasks begin with +*

So my task list in title sequence is      +*task1
                                                            +*task2
                                                            +taskA
                                                            +taskB

Perhaps you could use a prefix to separate your ASAP tasks

btw   My search for my current task list is     reminderTime:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*
         I want tasks to remain on the list until completed

Archived