Announcing Evernote Web Clipper for Edge (Official Thread)

rubenb

Idea

We're very excited to announce Evernote Web Clipper 6.9.1 for the Windows 10 Edge browser.
It's based on the Web Clipper we provide for Chrome/Safari and Opera.

How can I get it?
The new Edge browser supporting Web Clipper is part of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update Microsoft began rolling out yesterday (8/2).
After installing the update, visit this store page https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh4x0qwand click "Install" and then follow instructions. 

What's different?
Capturing screenshots and PDF clipping from the Edge browser are not yet supported by Microsoft. We will implement these features for Edge as soon as Microsoft provides the necessary support. 

To learn more see our Help and Learning article: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208430568

Please let us know how it works for you :)

13 replies to this idea

Your help page is a bit unclear and confusing about what is supported. I'm talking about the page here, in particular section 2...

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209125827

At time of writing it says about the different clip types...

Article - No mention of any specific browsers so assume this works in Edge

Simplified Article - Explicitly lists various browsers. The list does not include Edge so assume this doesn't currently work in Edge?

Full Page - No mention of any specific browsers so assume this works in Edge

Bookmark - Explicitly lists various browsers. The list does not include Edge so assume this doesn't currently work in Edge?

Screenshot - Explicitly lists various browsers. The list does not include Edge so assume this doesn't currently work in Edge?

PDF - Doesn't list individual browsers but has a message explicitly stating that this type isn't currently supported in Edge so that's clear

Selection - No mention of any specific browsers so assume this works in Edge

Custom clips - No mention of any specific browsers so assume this works in Edge

I'm hoping my assumption is correct in that, for the types where you don't mention any list of specific browsers, that means it works with all of them including Edge. It is Simplified Article, Bookmark and Screenshot that are particular confusing when taken together with the description for the PDF clip type. The first three don't list Edge as a supported browser so that's worrying, but then again they don't have the explicit Edge-not-currently-supported message that the PDF clip type has so is that all OK then and for the first three it's just a case of someone not updating the previous list of browsers in the help text?

I'd appreciate some definite clarification on just what types are supported in Edge at the moment and also suggest that you do some re-wording of that section of the help page to remove the potential confusion over some of the items.

At last something different from Chrome,

I'm having issue with the extension staying logged in after clearing cache, cookies etc which had no issue in Chrome, its becoming an issue already having to turn back to Chrome for productivity.

Hope some one could share light on the issue.

Thanks for your time.

Any update on the screenshot functionality for the Edge Web Clipper? I am really missing it. Either that or the share panel for a Web Note should show Evernote as an option. Are there any plans to enable Evernote on the share panel for an Edge web note?

1 hour ago, Mafaldo said:

What do I have to do to save the Evernote login information in MS Edge so that I don't need to put user/pwd every time I want to use it?

It seems to log off after some minutes.

I don't have this issue. Have you tried removing and reinstalling?

• Level 5*
On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎15 at 7:03 PM, CoooolRaoul said:

Installed to check if and how it work, I'm unable to log in to my Evernote account. Activating the evernote icon opens a popup page labelled "about:blank" and nothing more

I am experiencing the same issue since the last update of the Edge clipper. Can't log in, just getting the about:blank popup.

Same issue on 3 different computers.

Can we have an update on when PDF clipping is coming?  Its almost a year now.  It's a pain to open Chrome or Firefox and interrupt my workflow.  I default to Edge for other reasons, and this is the only niggle I have.

Are you saying that MSFT are still blocking you in working this out?  If so is this not an abuse of market power or antitrust issue?  The EU have just fined Google over $2.5 billion for abusing their power to favour Google shopping in search rather than competing products (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40406542).  I am happy to email the EU and complain if they are - The EU seem to love a fight with bully-boy technology giants!!

If it isn't MSFT, can we have some priority to PDF's please?  Screenshots is an easier workaround via the clipboard.

Thanks

Archived